Highlighted

Premier pro v14.6 crash when add track in timeline sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer by SergiHV | Community Beginner

In the end they have helped me from Adobe. Here are the steps to follow to solve the problem:

Step 1: Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and enter -> go folder to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> there you will see the premiere pro folder, please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

Step 2: In this same list (where the premiere pro folder is) you will see the folder named common -> go to common folder -> there you will see three folders by the name of media cache, media cache files and peak files. Please move these folders to trash and then let me know.

Step 3: Please open C drive -> then go to documents folder in left panel -> go to Adobe -> there you will see the premiere pro , please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer by SergiHV | Community Beginner

In the end they have helped me from Adobe. Here are the steps to follow to solve the problem:

Step 1: Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and enter -> go folder to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> there you will see the premiere pro folder, please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

Step 2: In this same list (where the premiere pro folder is) you will see the folder named common -> go to common folder -> there you will see three folders by the name of media cache, media cache files and peak files. Please move these folders to trash and then let me know.

Step 3: Please open C drive -> then go to documents folder in left panel -> go to Adobe -> there you will see the premiere pro , please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 3
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you create a new project? if no try to import your current project into a new one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a new project is also happens

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and installed beta 14.8 and there it works without problems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded to version 14.5 and it also works perfectly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. Doesn't matter if I move a clip up to a new track or even if I create a new track (video or audio) from the drop down menu, it crashes. I have version 14.6 as well. Guess I need to downgrade too....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few days I am having problems that might be similer.  I add a subsequence to the timeline.  I then click on Play.  But then I can't stop the play.  The space bar or the Stop button do not work.  I cann't pull down menus or slide the timeline.  I have to let ot play to the end of the timeline, sometimes that's 30 minute from now.  The Premiere window will indicate it stopped responding, then returns, then stops again, on and on.  This started a few days ago.  I have since updated to latest version available in Creative Cloud and have rebooted the computer more than once.

This is getting frustrating and I'm losing a lot of time being idle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I followed the suggestion above to try a lower version.  I had to dial back to 14.3 before I could get control of the play and stop button.  So I'm going to try some editing with this version and see if it works better than 14.6 and below.  BTW, I am on a Dell XPS purchased in June, especially picked by the Dell sales rep to have the hardware specified by Adobe to use Premiere.  I would hope that its hardware hasn't been made obsolete by Adobe so soon.  If 14.3 acts up on me, then I might try the beta 14.8.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on 14.6 and was having the same issue. Every time I tried to add a track to my timeline, Premiere would just hang. I also had the issue with hearing the audio play while it's hung and not able to stop it.

I reverted back to 14.3.2 and can confirm that adding tracks works just like it's supposed to. I'm hesitant to try the BETA so I'll have to wait for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 2