Premier Project & AutoSaves Missing

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been working on a project for a few weeks now. Autosave was turned on - the little "autosave" box would pop up every few minutes as I worked, so I know it was doing what it was supposed to do. 

Long story short, my toddler snuck into my office and got ahold of my keyboard. I caught her pushing random buttons, and my open Premier project had been closed out. I can't find the project (or any others from the past month or two) or their respective autosaves. I've scoured my computer, and it's as if I haven't started a Premier project in weeks. They're all gone. The others were (more or less) complete, but I was so close to finishing my latest open project and it's just disappeared. I've searched ".prproj" on my iMac, as well as the autosave folder. No trace of any recent projects. Any other ideas? And how on earth could my kid have accomplished this with just the keyboard and a few minutes unsupervised? Lol

TOPICS
Anywhere

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kids are genius, dont' you know ?

First, verify the location of your autosave .

Go to Project settings ( File Menu on PC ) and Scratch Disks . Verify the location of your Autosave.

Second, With a bit of luck if it was enabled, you have an option ( depending on what version of PPRO you are using ) in the preferences on the AutoSave tab " Save back up Project to Creative Cloud". You'll need to find this folder on your Creative Cloud account. Hope it helps.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of making every so often a Save a Copy to a different drive..

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

I would check to see if you have "hidden" folders on there, and if the recent autosaves and other things are in them. I have heard of this happening before.

I love little ones ... tend to like them a lot better than many adults! ... and head for them in any crowd I'm in. That said ... um ... around my editing/color suite?

NO! NO! NO!  (lol)

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actualy have autosaved projects missing and this bugg started to appear sometime this year for me.
And I have observed this on two different computers. 
I have No kids and other people's kids haven't been around either. 
But I'm wondering WHY premiere is failing to save autosaves regularly...

I'm also doing save a copy recently. But now I desperately need an old version. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines