• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Project & AutoSaves Missing

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been working on a project for a few weeks now. Autosave was turned on - the little "autosave" box would pop up every few minutes as I worked, so I know it was doing what it was supposed to do. 

Long story short, my toddler snuck into my office and got ahold of my keyboard. I caught her pushing random buttons, and my open Premier project had been closed out. I can't find the project (or any others from the past month or two) or their respective autosaves. I've scoured my computer, and it's as if I haven't started a Premier project in weeks. They're all gone. The others were (more or less) complete, but I was so close to finishing my latest open project and it's just disappeared. I've searched ".prproj" on my iMac, as well as the autosave folder. No trace of any recent projects. Any other ideas? And how on earth could my kid have accomplished this with just the keyboard and a few minutes unsupervised? Lol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kids are genius, dont' you know ?

First, verify the location of your autosave .

Go to Project settings ( File Menu on PC ) and Scratch Disks . Verify the location of your Autosave.

Second, With a bit of luck if it was enabled, you have an option ( depending on what version of PPRO you are using ) in the preferences on the AutoSave tab " Save back up Project to Creative Cloud". You'll need to find this folder on your Creative Cloud account. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of making every so often a Save a Copy to a different drive..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

I would check to see if you have "hidden" folders on there, and if the recent autosaves and other things are in them. I have heard of this happening before.

I love little ones ... tend to like them a lot better than many adults! ... and head for them in any crowd I'm in. That said ... um ... around my editing/color suite?

NO! NO! NO!  (lol)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actualy have autosaved projects missing and this bugg started to appear sometime this year for me.
And I have observed this on two different computers. 
I have No kids and other people's kids haven't been around either. 
But I'm wondering WHY premiere is failing to save autosaves regularly...

I'm also doing save a copy recently. But now I desperately need an old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I know its been a long time since your post. I was just wondering if you figured it out? I hope so!

I lost 2 important projects and they are not in autosaved either. 

I have the feeling something happened when Adobe Premier upgrated automatically.. 

I hope you can bring some light to this matter! I am so sad and dissapointed 😞

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-saves seem to not always start until the user does a save step ... the old Ctrl/Cmd-S thing. So that's something I always do right after starting a new project file. Just a suggestion.

Finding them ... make sure you know exactly where they're set to save, and check that they ARE there early in a project.

Next ... I know we all want the auto stuff to automagically work. I had something similar when I started, and a couple curmudgeonly guys (and a nice gal who's still "around here") were rather unsympathetic.They schooled me a bit.

Autosaves ... say you've got them at 10 minute intervals, 20 for total. Autosaves don't actually do their thing until you pause working for a moment, so some fast workers don't get them as often as they expect. But let's take an "ideal' situation, they save every 10 minutes.

20 saves is only 200 minutes, right? So in three hours and 20 minutes they start over-writing saves.

Let's say a bit of corruption gets in the project, but it's not currently affecting things as everything is all loaded to cache. You work all afternoon, then close down and go home.

Next morning, you open the ... it ain't opening! So you got to your autosaves, but ... all of them are corrupt also! At that point, if you haven't done a save-as iterative process or at least a couple save-a-copy operations, you're in a baaaad situation.

So I learned to set auto-save and ALSO do save-a-copy every so often and work with save-as iterative processes also.

It just means that when bad stuff happens, you have a way forward. And doesn't rely on the program to save your backsides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save my premiere projects in a folder that's automatically mirrored on dropbox and my autosaves live on my media drive with all the other scratch disks in a folder called "premiere stuff."  One of the great things about dropbox (and I grant it can be a royal pain on occasion) is that if you pay the $10 a month fee you get every version that you save available for a month.   Not sure how the version backup works for the free version.   I occasionally do a save as particularly if I have a crash (a rare occurance but maybe I'm lucky (at least so far)) and occasionally when the mood hits me...    Another advantage of this workflow is that I work in a few locations and my premiere project folder is available on all the computers I work on.  Generally I shlepp a portable drive with my media but I do sometimes have clones of my media drive in multiple locations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me. I needed to put finishing touches on my video and now the whole thing is missing. I can see the folder in autosave and it's empty. I'm so upset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Projects dont just disappers.

Do a Explorer/finder search.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and and when to simply use "Save"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines