Highlighted

Premiere 10 bit image output on Geforce card

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple question is - can GeForce card output 10 bit color in Premiere Pro/Photoshop to the 10 bit color monitor via Display Port?

Hardware can be used: GTX 780 ti + Dell U2718Q. (Can upgrade to GTX 1070 if needed).

I'm looking of do I really need to buy Quadro card or can I just use standard Geforce card to watch image in 10 bit color depth?

--

Im using GTX 780 ti + Dell U2311H (8 bit) + Sony a6300 (4:2:0 8 bit image) by now.

I want to upgrade my camera to something higher like kinemini 4k and looking for things i will be needed in.

--

I have asked nvidia customer service, they replied:

"Quadro graphics cards are recommended ones for 10 bit support. For GTX series, you need high end graphics cards. If you have a GTX 1070 graphics card, 10 bit supported cables and monitor then yes, you will get 10 bit color."

The question of Premiere and Photoshop 10 bit display output still not answered.

--

There is an info on reddit forums that Premiere and Photoshop are using OpenGL, but GeForce cards are only using DirectX. And there is only one way to output OpenGL - using Quadro FirePro. I'm not good in questions like that, just quoted. Still can't understand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere 10 bit image output on Geforce card

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple question is - can GeForce card output 10 bit color in Premiere Pro/Photoshop to the 10 bit color monitor via Display Port?

Hardware can be used: GTX 780 ti + Dell U2718Q. (Can upgrade to GTX 1070 if needed).

I'm looking of do I really need to buy Quadro card or can I just use standard Geforce card to watch image in 10 bit color depth?

--

Im using GTX 780 ti + Dell U2311H (8 bit) + Sony a6300 (4:2:0 8 bit image) by now.

I want to upgrade my camera to something higher like kinemini 4k and looking for things i will be needed in.

--

I have asked nvidia customer service, they replied:

"Quadro graphics cards are recommended ones for 10 bit support. For GTX series, you need high end graphics cards. If you have a GTX 1070 graphics card, 10 bit supported cables and monitor then yes, you will get 10 bit color."

The question of Premiere and Photoshop 10 bit display output still not answered.

--

There is an info on reddit forums that Premiere and Photoshop are using OpenGL, but GeForce cards are only using DirectX. And there is only one way to output OpenGL - using Quadro FirePro. I'm not good in questions like that, just quoted. Still can't understand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver 436.15-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql is working perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0