Highlighted

Premiere 14.0/Nvidia MX130 driver update not available

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Premiere to 14.0 because I really needed to be able to delete masks on graphics (didn't work in 13.x).  When I load the new version, I get a big red warning stating that I have a system compatibility problem and need to update the driver for my Nvidia MX-130 adapter. (I've created a system mirror image back-up). Following the instructions, I determined that my driver type is Standard. I've entered all the pertinent information into Nvidia's Driver Downloads page, selecting the Studio Driver Type.  The search response is "No certified downloads were found for this configuration. To include beta downloads in your search, click here."  And there are no betas available either.  

How do we fix this?  

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere 14.0/Nvidia MX130 driver update not available

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Premiere to 14.0 because I really needed to be able to delete masks on graphics (didn't work in 13.x).  When I load the new version, I get a big red warning stating that I have a system compatibility problem and need to update the driver for my Nvidia MX-130 adapter. (I've created a system mirror image back-up). Following the instructions, I determined that my driver type is Standard. I've entered all the pertinent information into Nvidia's Driver Downloads page, selecting the Studio Driver Type.  The search response is "No certified downloads were found for this configuration. To include beta downloads in your search, click here."  And there are no betas available either.  

How do we fix this?  

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? None of the Studio drivers are compatible at all with your MX 130. You'll need to either get the Game Ready drivers or (preferably) get the compatible driver update from the manufacturer of your laptop. This is because that MX 130 is a rebadged older-generation GPU - in this case, the GeForce 940 MX, which uses a GM108 GPU which dates way back to the first-generation Maxwell (which debuted in the GeForce GTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti) of 2014.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is the pits (I'm restraining my language)!!!  I just bought my laptop (Dell Inspiron 7573) a year ago and this Nvidia was the best available option for the configuration.  I'm confused as to why Dell would provide the compatible driver though.  

Are there potentially serious problems using the Game Ready driver?  

I'm not looking forward to killing a bunch of time banging on Nvidia and Dell about this problem but I really appreciate your information.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Studio drivers are only available on the Pascal based graphics cards.  How many Adobe Premiere CC customers have systems with the older Nvidia architecture?  Sadly, the major windows laptop manufacturers (Dell!) don't offer the options of the better architecture on their touch screen enabled laptops.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia support adviced me to install the Game Ready driver and it appears to be working adequately with my MX-130 adapter.  Next time I buy a laptop, I'm definitely going to start the research process on Nvidia's website to, hopefully, ensure that this doesn't happen again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, are you still using the Game Ready driver or found some better solution? I recently bought a decent laptop which has MX-130 for video editing purpose but it shows a similar error message.
Anyone with a solution, do reply. Your help would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey did u find a solution? I am facing the same problem too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1