Highlighted

Premiere 14.3.1 unable to open existing project (hangs at 3/4 indefinitely)

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I cannot open any of my projects in Premiere Pro 14.3.1 (build 45). It makes no difference if I start by double-clickikng the project icon or start premiere and do a "File > Open project...". It starts opening it, gets to about 3/4 of the way in the small progress box and just hangs there. I can however, start a new project and work on it as usual (it seems to work fine, I haven't tested extensively, only a couple of simple imports and edits).

Yesterday I decided to do a reinstall of my complete system since Lightroom catalogue was painfully slow to open and I could not troubleshoot the problem. Now Lightroom and Photoshop work perfectly while Premiere does not.

Hardware:

• relatively new i9, 32Gb RAM, Radeon Vega 64, Asus gaming motherboard PC;
  • up to date drivers and Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS build 18363.959

Maybe it's relevant - each time I open Win Explorer, a blue progress bar loads in it's address bar as if something is being indexed(?). Also, I could not take screenshots while my task manager was open so I had to take photos of my screen with a mobile phone.

Many thanks for all replies!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere 14.3.1 unable to open existing project (hangs at 3/4 indefinitely)

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I cannot open any of my projects in Premiere Pro 14.3.1 (build 45). It makes no difference if I start by double-clickikng the project icon or start premiere and do a "File > Open project...". It starts opening it, gets to about 3/4 of the way in the small progress box and just hangs there. I can however, start a new project and work on it as usual (it seems to work fine, I haven't tested extensively, only a couple of simple imports and edits).

Yesterday I decided to do a reinstall of my complete system since Lightroom catalogue was painfully slow to open and I could not troubleshoot the problem. Now Lightroom and Photoshop work perfectly while Premiere does not.

Hardware:

• relatively new i9, 32Gb RAM, Radeon Vega 64, Asus gaming motherboard PC;
  • up to date drivers and Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS build 18363.959

Maybe it's relevant - each time I open Win Explorer, a blue progress bar loads in it's address bar as if something is being indexed(?). Also, I could not take screenshots while my task manager was open so I had to take photos of my screen with a mobile phone.

Many thanks for all replies!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you start a new project and import the old one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried this (didn't even know it was possible to import projects into other projects?) 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0