• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 14.5.0 Keybord does not work properly.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

After updating Premiere Pro my keyboard shortcuts don't work at all, so I can't work!

I change to the default, plug out the keyboards USB, restart pc and software with no results.

Please help, is anyone facing the same issue?

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard shortcuts don't work with floating panels in 14.5 unless you reset the workspace:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , I just went back to previews version !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi giorgosd53170850,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're working on a similar issue. Could you please confirm if you were using any custom workspace split across multiple monitors or a workspace with undocked panels?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can confirm a similar issue as well.  After updated to Premiere Pro 14.5 all keyboard commands stopped working. I do not use any external peripheral devices and made sure no other programs, processes, or third party apps were operating.  The keyboard works fine outside of the program as well to clarify.

To answer your question above... I was using a customized workspace.  I did not have any individual undocked panels but I did have two groupings of panels across two display windows. I did not think to attempt using a pre-made workspace to fix the issue before uninstalling and reinstalling an older version of premiere (14.4) which fixed the issue. 

I am working in Windows OS.  

Thanks,

Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes everything is custom .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Not zooming with keyboard. Not open bin "stacked" witk Alt click (it opens in a floating window) etc. Big issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 14.5 totally broke keyboard functions. Working with a custom workspace. Reverting to a default workspace "fixes" the keyboard issue, but forces me to work with only 1 out of my 3 monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. Some of my custom keyboard settings don't work, while other ones do. I reloaded it, restarted, switched to different workspace modes... it's just broken. The software worked before I upgraded. It didn't work afterward.

After researching, it seems this has been a known issue for quite some time now. More than six months. Adobe is costing customers loads of money in lost efficiency. Here's to hoping this issue gets sorted before DaVinci soaks up the rest of their cutsomers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope that gibe with DaVinci thing felt good. Instead you could have confirmed something about your system, like Mac, Win? Which versions, also do confirm you are on PP 14.5, as that is what this thread is about (from October). Also, hardware specs, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines