Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 14.6 freezes up when trying to add new track

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 home / Premiere 14.6.

Premiere just updated to v14.6 a few days ago. Since then, I can't add tracks. When I right click and select add track from the dropdown, the app freezes up and I just watch the spinning circle forever. It's never done this before, and the only difference I can see is that it updated to 14.6 just 4 days ago. I've had zero issues with Premiere up until this. 

In the meantime, I'm rolled back to version 14.5, and it doesn't have this issue.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using *any* devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have been having this issue as well and this finally fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the 14.7 update. Problem STILL EXISTS. Why is this such a hard problem for Adobe?

Back to 14.5. And I'm starting to check out different software. I can't stay with Adobe if this is going to be the norm. I've been using Premiere since 2012, but it might be time to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG,

Besides keyboard, mouse, and maybe an external drive, do you have any hardware devices connected to your system at all? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug fix did not make it into 14.7 unfortunately.  It is fixed in the Public Beta builds and should be fixed in the next regular version of Premiere.  Until this is fixed, you will want to use Premiere 14.5.

You are stating that you are not using ANY device, but something is causing your crash.  Since I have no information I can only assume that you have a control surface activated in the preferences, or a 3rd party Extension that is causing the issue.  To get you up and working, you could try two things.

First, make sure there are no entries at all listed in the "Preferences>Control Surface>Device Class..." window.  If there are, delete any entry.

Second, look for any entries in the menu "Window>Extensions....".  If there is anything in that dropdown, please let me know so I can try to replicate it on my end and get a bug filed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stated this twice prior, but I'll see if I can state it more clearly this time.

1. I do not have ANY control surface. I am using my keyboard and mouse, like most people.
2. I do not have a control surface activated in my preferences, because I do not have one, and never have.

And no, I do not have any extensions. I don't own any, and there are none listed.

I'm looking into switching to FCP at this point. Editors can't afford to have software that's broken like this for literally weeks at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if the Controll surface bug has been fixed in 14.9? I don't want to update until I know it's resolved. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines