Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15.0 - Can't use up and down arrow

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Premiere 15.0 today.

When I add an edit, the playhead jumps ahead a few seconds, then won't respond when I try to use my up and down arrow to go to previous / next edit.

The only way I can get it to respond is to hit play, then it'll behave normally.

However, it's seriously slowing me down.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in a brand new project, Kazu? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piggy-backing off Kevin's reply, try opening a new project, then importing your old project in it's entirety into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is fairly new, probably a week old. I'm the Assistant Editor and just got on the job so I'm not sure; but the job has only been going for about a week.

I tried importing into a brand new project - same issue.

Does it have anything to do with Premiere 15.0?

I'm on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). The iMac may have been in storage for a while (work computer). Mac's auto update installed a Catalina update yesterday, from 10.15.1 (or so) to 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Important Note: I'm editing in MultiCam.

A forum post from 2017-20 says that toggling the MultiCam option (Shift-0) sometimes works:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-cc-2017-arrow-keys-have-stopped-working-in-...

However, it isn't doing the trick for me.

When I add an edit, the up and down arrows only let me go to the previous or next edit but the playhead in the Timeline panel does not appear to move (even though it is getting moved to the previous or next edit).

Sometimes, when I add an edit, the playhead jumps ahead a few seconds, then it won't move.

The only thing that gets the up and down arrows working again is to hit Play. However, I use up and down every 5 seconds so this is slowing me down enormously.

I'm going to try uninstalling then reinstalling Premiere 15.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines