• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15 update is destroying my speed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened with this update?  Everything was humming along in 14, and then it auto updated and everything is molasses.  Renders take forever, I can't even think about multiple video tracks anymore or getting online while working.  It's completely unacceptable.  I'm running a MacBookPro with 2.4ghz 8core Intel i9, 64gig RAM, and AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB graphics card.  This shouldn't be happening.  Anybody have any insight, help, answers?  Thanks so much - Chris

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any long-time Premiere user will tell you to turn off auto-updates. You always want to tread carefully and deliberately into a new version, especially a .0 release. Make sure you delete your media cache when making the transition.  

Have you checked to see that the GPU is still active as the renderer?

There's also absolutely no shame in rolling back a version. Sometimes that's just the move. I know for a while there were a lot of issues with the latest Mac OS and Premiere (and likely other products in the CC suite). I'm not sure to what degree that has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!  I did check the GPU and it is working and cleared the cache and trashed the prefs...  if I wanted to roll back, is there an east way to continue with the projects I began in v15 without losing work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't tested this going from 2021 to 2020, but it has worked in earlier versions.

Another thing you can do assuming your projects aren't too complex is to export an XML and import that with the other version of Premiere.

As far as installing a previous version of Premiere - that you can do from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably corrupt media cache from 14, Christian. Something you can try: You can delete media cache with no penalty, except a small amount of time to rebuild it in the new version. With all projects closed, choose Preferences > Media Cache and delete all existing cache. See if you get better results after doing so. You can also roll back your version. Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!  Is there an easy way to rollback without losing work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines