Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Premiere 2017.1 BUG] Wrong Peak Amplitude / Incorrect normalize on Audio Clips

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Select an audio clip or many audio clips in timeline, right-click, audio gain.

2. Peak amplitude is a non-valid value in random clips (eg. 346dB)

3. Normalize all peaks to any level

Results:

Muted clips (clips with extremely low gain, e.g. -346dB)

I already reported it. Tried on empty project with all cache manually deleted.

Anyone else having this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Hi,

Very sorry about this troublesome issues. We have a fix checked in and we should be clear of it in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi angelos1984,

Another customer reported for the same issue after update & we are working on it.

I request you to fill our Bug Report Form and we will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue with multi-track ambisonic audio and I'm on ver. 11.1.2 (22) Build.

Is this still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gibsonjsh,

I am sorry that you are still facing this issue.

I request you to share that media file and we will test that file in our environment.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-23 at 2.06.27 PM.jpeg

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I'm getting the same exact issue in multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have The same Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah having an issue here with "normalise all" when I select multiple clips - i loose all sound, yet the visual waveform turns into one huge block...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Bug Report filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. How did this get past Q&A?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Really annoying. I have videos that needs to get out the door. What's the best workaround? Normalize the audio in Soundbooth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, audio normalization is basically broken - every audio clip shows a different 300-500db peak value - so any normalization based on peak silences the clip.

The fact that this got through QA without being spotted is just not acceptable.

The fact that Adobe auto installs the latest version on newly activated systems makes it difficult to avoid accidentally bringing a project into a new version - and then there is no ability to go back without losing work.

I was already dealing with several basic technical bugs in CC2017 and now there are more to deal with.

The rapid succession of new subscription-only versions means that I run a serious risk of getting updated during a move between systems (as happened here) or being forced to update in order to collaborate on a project with others that have already taken the plunge - and every time that happens there is a seemingly larger risk of the Premiere having more functionality issues and basic QA problems.

So, I have pretty much lost confidence in Premiere as a viable editing platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PremiereProCC2017.png

This is major issue as Audio Gain is clearly broken in Premiere Pro 2017.1 and there is no option to revert to a previous version as recommended by Adobe: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2233693​. The latest version of Creative Cloud Version 4.0.1.188 doesn’t have a "VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS." option and the discussion thread is locked:

PremiereProCC20173.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of Creative Cloud desktop app, reboot the computer and check back in. Perhaps uninstall and then re-install if necessary. I have the same version, and yes, it does have the line below those with the 'View Previous Versions" option there.

Your CC Desktop app is not working properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you had already installed an earlier release of Premiere Pro prior to installing 2017 e.g. CC 2015? There is no option to regress to an earlier version through Creative Cloud if the software wasn’t already installed before the upgrade. I may be wrong but it looks as though you can only go back a whole release number, not from 2017.1 to 2017. I’d be happy to be proved wrong though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only one version installed on this laptop, though my studio suite currently has two. Fewest I've had in some time, no need of the earlier ones at the moment.

My version of CC Desktop ... same number as yours ... shows three (3) versions of 2017 ... 11.0.0, 11.0.1, and 11.0.2 (which is the latest).

And typically, you start at the first release, then updated that through the versions until the one you wanted of that series. They show only one version of CC2014, but if you install that and update, you can go through like four different updates of CC2014 I think it was.

For 2015, they show 2015 (9.0), but to get the 2015.1 and 2015.2 you'd update through the app. For the 10.x builds of 2015.3/4, they show those separately available.

So ... still going from what you showed, I'd say your CC Desktop App needed uninstall/reinstall. And if it doesn't show what I've listed, then download & run the CC Cleaner Tool to remove & clean the Desktop app, then download/install a fresh copy. Every so often, they can get wonky. Stop seeing updates & such. Though often signing out, rebooting, and signing back in takes care of that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Using normalization in Audacity for now, but .. you know, it's not quite as good as Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Audition? You can send the audio round-trip to Audition, which of course has a wider tool set for audio than PrPro ... by a long way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem but have a easy workaround. Just undo the action (command Z) when it becomes a block (audio gain goes trough the roof) and do the same action again, so  repeat the same normalization you did before the. So basically undo once and do it again. The gain will be done correctly. Hope this helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try this and it doesn´t work in my case. Actually, I´m not getting the "block gain" situation but it the audio gain is reduced to a line (completely muted) when I try to normalize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have reported this bug to the concerned team.

We are working on it on priority & will get this fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Im new to editing and this is messing with my learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Doesn't matter if it is a new project or a previous project. The peak values are crazy numbers: 254 or 652 etc. I hope there will be an update to solve this problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines