Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Premiere 2017.1 BUG] Wrong Peak Amplitude / Incorrect normalize on Audio Clips

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Select an audio clip or many audio clips in timeline, right-click, audio gain.

2. Peak amplitude is a non-valid value in random clips (eg. 346dB)

3. Normalize all peaks to any level

Results:

Muted clips (clips with extremely low gain, e.g. -346dB)

I already reported it. Tried on empty project with all cache manually deleted.

Anyone else having this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Hi,

Very sorry about this troublesome issues. We have a fix checked in and we should be clear of it in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Sometimes normalize is not working, sometimes is bumping up all over peaking and sometimes just silence and straight line. Very sad for my projects. Hope to fix it soon too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this issue. Would very much appreciate a fix soon .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Very sorry about this troublesome issues. We have a fix checked in and we should be clear of it in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have an date that the new update will be released? This is slowing my workflow down tremendously!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattp6311199,

We do not have an ETA, but an update will be out soon.

Thanks for your patience.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing this issue in 2017.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. This is unbelievable: Premiere 2017.1 can't properly read audio files. it's not only an issue with the normalisation feature. And it's not just cosmetic either because you can't hear it. If you are using plugins on you audio tracks, the audio will be distorted, probably because of an internal calculation error.

Adobe, you WILL lose customers if you keep releasing version of you software that are full of critical bugs.

Renting Adobe softare is not cheap for small companies. We expect to pay for working software. This version of Premiere is useless.

And btw. all plugin GUI are opening in a too small window, if you switch from one plugin to the next. Not as critical but very annoying, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, it's a major part of my workflow so this is really annoying. Tired of beta testing for premiere for 64euro a month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here since the latest update.

I find the issue occurs after audio has been edited externally in Audition, the changes saved and the file updates on the Premiere Timeline. Checking Audio gain then reveals Peak Amplitude figures 300+dB.

In the meantime I found the solution is to simply import the audio at the correct level and set Audio Gain to 0dB. Not as easy I know if the audio in question is linked to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JamieWonnacott,

Same issue here since the latest update.

Are you on the latest version of Premiere Pro CC2017 (11.1.1) or CC2017 (11.1)?

We have fixed this issue in ver 11.1.1.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue; today's update (5/17) did NOT fix the audio gain issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Korn313,

Could you please confirm the exact version number from the Help menu.

1.jpg

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I have the same version: 11.1.1(15) Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Korn313.

Have you tried with different media files? Where exactly your media files are located?

Could you please share one of the files? You can share here: kulpsing@adobe.com

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue on PP version 11.1.1(15) with AVCS files out of a Sony FS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdamJSurplice,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.

Would you mind sharing a sample file with us? You can share here: kulpsing@adobe.com

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing the issue as well - I will post a sample soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing this issue in 2017.1.2 Release This is adding HOURS to my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem when I normalize all the audio tracks became blank. No sound on it.

Version 11.1.2 (french)

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Im still having the same issue, just updated to the newest version of premiere today (6.21.17).

I really do wonder about how strong the coding on this app is since every single new version requires that old projects be updated, and that new flaws appear in old features. Every. Single. Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this fixed in CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarious in a really sad sort of way that this still isn't fixed. I also like how Adobe's response up there in August has nothing to do with the actual problem - they want him to post a media file to test with when literally any combination of media files will work and the bug can reproduced in under 5 minutes, every single time.

Reminds me of the long standing bug / non feature where you couldn't sort items in your Bin by Date. For years, there was simply no option to sort all those clips by Date. I am pretty sure CC 2016 was the first version of Premiere Pro that could actually do this ridiculously simple sorting option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem with normalize on Version 12.0.0 (Build 224).

What I've found is that when I bring up the Audio Gain window there is a line at the bottom of the window that says Peak Amplitude: and either a dB value or the word 'Calculating'.  If I enter my value and click OK while the Peak Amplitude is Calculating I get all max values throughout the clip (white block).  If I wait to click OK until after a dB value appears then normalize works just fine.

I suspect that this bug doesn't show up if you're on a fast machine that calculates the peak values very quickly and completes before you hit OK.  I also suspect that the Adobe developers and testers have very fast machines.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't see your reply until after I typed mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered a "for-around" for this. And it might perhaps help Adobe solve it.

1. Select the clips or clips.
  2. Right click on the clip or clips and select Audio Gain... (or via the menu)
  3. HERE IS THE KEY: At the bottom of the dialog, there is a line that reads: Peak Amplitude:   Calculating... You must wait for the word "calculating" to be replaced by a number.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 3.30.28 PM.png
  4. When Calculating... Is replaced by a numeric value, such as -12.6dB, you can select the radio button you want and click ok.Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 3.34.07 PM.png

5. Audio is now normalized!

I have a 100% success with this method. Sometimes it's a long wait, especially with a really long clip that I just imported.

I am Premiere Pro 2018 on Mac Pro (2013) running Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines