• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2018 Import Extremely Slow

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the move to Premiere 2018, importing footage has become ridiculously slow.  Just importing a single image or audio file will cause Premiere to think about it for about 1 1/2 minutes.

It's slowing down my work so much.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

UPDATE: The 12.0.1 update has provided much improvement over import issues.

Thanks Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AshleyLynchSL,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Just importing a single image or audio file will cause Premiere to think about it for about 1 1/2 minutes.

Are you on Windows? Is this a large project? Bins with lots of footage?

Is anyone else having this issue?

If the above is true, I'm afraid so. It's a bug. I hope we can help you work around it, though.
I advise you to open a case with support here.

Do you have any project backups? Is CC2017 still installed?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Even just a small file import causes the spinning wheel for about 40 seconds. (Mac OS)  Happening among other projects too. So far I have not had time to create and start a new project clean in 2018CC, all of my slow import experiences have been with projects started in the earlier version.

No longer have 17 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I'm on Windows 10. i7 4GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 980Ti

The slow import occurs in projects updated from Premiere 2017, new projects, empty projects, projects with bins already inside.... it's consistent.

I've cut about 7 different projects in Premiere 2018 now, a few were migrated up from 2017, the rest created fresh in 2018, and all experience the same issue regardless of how many bins are in the project.

Just loading in all the media at the start of a job takes about 8x as long as it used to and while editing a project the simple task of bringing in a sound effect now brings my workflow to a standstill while I wait for the import lag to pass.

I do not currently have Premiere 2017 installed.

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a huge problem. It's taking HOURS to import footage from an SSD, and its just XML files round tripped from resolve. It's put us several days behind on a feature project, and likely be the reason we switch the company away from adobe altogether as we have great hardware for the professional environment but the software can't keep up. On the latest version, PC, updated drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say I have this problem too. Doesn't matter how big the file is that you are importing. Takes a t least 30 seconds to bring over a 1 mb picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ashley for the insight - same thing has been happening to me since the beginning of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: The 12.0.1 update has provided much improvement over import issues.

Thanks Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back, AshleyLynchsl.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am still seeing slow import times and slow playback times. Resolve can import and playback much much quicker and its a free program. I perfer to use premiere but I cant use it if it is slowing down my workflow. Is this being looked at or is just assumed to be fixed with the 12.0.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue is a BIG time waster. Latest update didn't help at all.

I'm working on the new Mac Pro with high specs and my external drives are top speed.

This is an issue that really holds you back when working. Why is this simple importing thing

all of a sudden so bad? Like others said, even importing an audiotrack can freeze the whole program for half a minute or more.

You must have noticed this when testing... I really don't get how you can put a version like this out.

Please explain and please fix this rather sooner then later.

ps: Yes, it gets even worse on bigger projects with lots of footage... But, this is what you're software should be designed for.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 clean installed computers with High Sierra. and only Adobe Premiere. same problem.

never happened before, what happened, Adobe? please help...

also Media Encoder takes forever to load the task....

it was smooth and OK 6 months ago... what happened..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so upset after Cloud forced me to install 2018 update. I use Premiere on 2014 Macbook Pro and iMac 2011(16GB RAM + SSD upgrade).
While Premiere 2017 took 1-2 minutes to import 15-20Gb Sony AVCHD footage the new one takes at least 15 minutes. It's ridiculously slow and buggy.

I use MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra on both and Premiere CC 12.0.1 Last update didn't make any performance improvement in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, also after updating.. i've waited for an hour to import all my footage. yes it was alot of footage, but still..

also after every single clip the software just freezes for like 5/10 seconds. my disk drives are definately not the bottleneck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.. no resolve.. I'm wandering whether is has anything to do with (in my case) coming from a raid server through, ethernet? (Although I had no issues before upgrading OS Sierra / Prem pro 12.1.1)

Anyone tried this directly from a SSD attached for example? A good test would be to set scratch disks / renders all to internal/external SDD then test that.

But IDEALLY.. ADOBE please look into this further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. This is BEYOND Unacceptable. I have been an Adobe user since 2000. I have never experience this long of import times. It just took nearly 10 minutes to import footage into a brand new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same result even if i am on a fully SSD environement. even if i

only have clips to import - it takes MINUTES ...

what is happening, Adobe?

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:56 AM, mattt23769367 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue with about 500 jpgs less than 4 MB each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Hear Too Late To Import File or Folder .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now February 2020 and I am still seeing long import times! You guys havent fixed this yet? Im running a ryzen 9 3900X, Nvidia RTX 2070 OC, 32G DDR4 Ram. Adobe installed on M.2 SSD, footage is coming from Samsung Internal SSD. I mean really guys, what else do I need to throw at this to speed up my workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Not only am I seeing super long upload times, I'm also seeing that my playback is extreamly slow as well.... I NEED HELP WITH THIS! I cant continue to work this slowly or Im going to have to drop my subscription and go to Resolve or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue - it's painful. I'm using Resolve for other projects and it imports incredibly fast. I'm having the same issue in Media Encoder as well. Last time I used Premiere it was CS 2015 - like v9 or something - and it never was this slow to import.

File size: 17 GB, 2 hrs, .mov format

Cleared my cache - nothing.

Reinstalled Premiere and Encoder - nothing.

Reallocated RAM in the settings - nothing.

Restarted my computer - nothing.

Macbook Pro 15" 2019

2.3 GHz 8 Core Intel i9

32 GB RAM

Radeon Pro Vega 16 4GB

1 TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am seeing REALLY long import times for large .mov files. These are H264 4:4:4 ~200Mb/s videos with multiple audio tracks created in OBS studio. It takes about ~25-30 min for an import?!@&$*#(
And then... drum roll,.. you select "New Sequence" and have to wait another ~30 minutes for Premiere to think about it. Please help. I also note that Resolve brings the same files in instantaneously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.5 Years later. Any progress on fixing this? Trying to import 1.5 MB background image. Progress bar just sits there, doing nothing. I have to close PP then re-open. Imports immediately after that. Same happens with .mogrt files.

Windows 10 - Beefy hardware specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the same happen to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines