Highlighted

Premiere 2018 - Scene Detect does not work on HDV Capture

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that this issue may have cropped up in past versions, but I do not see any solutions.

I run the capture window. I set scene detect to on. I activate "Capture tape" and sit back. The program records one long continuous clip.

(BTW the preview window is black without audio, although both do record into the finished file. This is another issue that seems to crop up, but my video driver is the board specific driver NOT the default Microsoft one. Just noting this in case the causes or solutions are related.)

I try the  same process with HDVsplit and scene detection works fine.

The setup:

Canon HV30 Vixia MiniDV camcorder (Source)

Firewire (input to PC) to installed FW card

PC: Windows 10 - 64 bit with 32 GB RAM - Core i7-6700K @ 4Ghz

Video Card GTX 980 (Drivers up to date)

All Adobe updates done (according to updater)

Videos were recorded on a clean blank tape and range from several seconds to several minutes in length.

This is a real time killer, and, if it is a bug, is certainly not acceptable in a program that needs to be paid constantly to maintain its function.

Suggestions????

RGP,

FireWire captured media and supported devices have less support these days (DV capture is totally gone in Catalina), so that is probably why support for features along those lines may be a problem. I'm sorry for the terrible inconvenience. 

In the meantime, you may want to download the public beta for a scene detection feature that may work in the interim. Check it out from the sidebar in the Creative Cloud app. Hope that helps you!

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere 2018 - Scene Detect does not work on HDV Capture

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that this issue may have cropped up in past versions, but I do not see any solutions.

I run the capture window. I set scene detect to on. I activate "Capture tape" and sit back. The program records one long continuous clip.

(BTW the preview window is black without audio, although both do record into the finished file. This is another issue that seems to crop up, but my video driver is the board specific driver NOT the default Microsoft one. Just noting this in case the causes or solutions are related.)

I try the  same process with HDVsplit and scene detection works fine.

The setup:

Canon HV30 Vixia MiniDV camcorder (Source)

Firewire (input to PC) to installed FW card

PC: Windows 10 - 64 bit with 32 GB RAM - Core i7-6700K @ 4Ghz

Video Card GTX 980 (Drivers up to date)

All Adobe updates done (according to updater)

Videos were recorded on a clean blank tape and range from several seconds to several minutes in length.

This is a real time killer, and, if it is a bug, is certainly not acceptable in a program that needs to be paid constantly to maintain its function.

Suggestions????

RGP,

FireWire captured media and supported devices have less support these days (DV capture is totally gone in Catalina), so that is probably why support for features along those lines may be a problem. I'm sorry for the terrible inconvenience. 

In the meantime, you may want to download the public beta for a scene detection feature that may work in the interim. Check it out from the sidebar in the Creative Cloud app. Hope that helps you!

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one has an answer for this situation? Please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Premiere 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGP,

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0