• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2019 and 2020 highly unstable

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been experiencing crashes about every 10 mins. There doesn't seem to be any consistent reason.
Some of the actions that followed with a crash are:
- scrubbing the timeline

- previewing thumbnails of footage in bins

- using the freeform view

- playing the edit

- importing footage

- navigating explorer

This has severely hindered our production. Please solve.

Windows 10 64bit
Intel i7-7820x 3.6GHz

64GB ram

2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problems...
Despite using a fully up-to-date DellXPS15 with 32Gig onboard and 1Tb flash drive, which is a dream machine - Premiere is constantly crashing for various reasons. It is obvious that it's not the laptop, because virtually all other programs (of which there are many) are totally stable.
I must say that in recent years, Premiere has presented me with a lot of woes and I'm fast approaching the point where I am looking for more user friendly alternatives.  Particularly its ridiculously poor backward compatibility is a disgrace. It is so frustrating and annoying to be on the receiving end of such obviously poor programming and planning. Adobe, please get your priorities right! Stability and reliability should be a number one priority and a given. The current program reminds me of the dark ages of incompatibilities and inconveniences for the user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same computer but with one 1070Ti.

Both 2019 and 2020 are very stable

Try using just one videocard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed adobe premiere 2019. it was working fine with some little problems. when i switched to Premiere 2020 I realized it's not stable, have a lot of open issues. I'm surprised how adobe even decided to lauch that product.

Now I'm back to 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users are working away ... and a few like yourself are having issues. Which is going to happen with any update of complex software like this. I know Resolve users (pro colorists with mega-machines) who never had a 15.x version of Resolve that was stable in their shop, actually went from 14.x to 16.1. I never had an issue with a 15.x version of Resolve.

Same thing here. And yea, it's unfortunate you're having troubles.

Post that including full data of your machine, OS, media, and effects used on their UserVoice system ... the engineers do read every post there, and complain (I've talked with them) that the biggest problem with bug/stability reports is the users don't post enough details. 

The other thing posting there does is all posts are collated and sent to the upper managers who decide budgets from metrics, and yea, Adobe lives by metrics. So ... give 'em some metrics, please!

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problems for me. It is a HIGHLY unstable program that has caused me numerous hours of frustration and lost time. I'm VERY tempted to just pack it in and go with Resolve, thought I still rely heavily on Illustrator, Photoshop, and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is nearly a year old.

What issues are you having?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines