Premiere 2020 (14.8) Won't Reopen After Closing (Mac Pro 2019 - Big Sur)

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My install of Premire 2020 won't open after closing the application (after running it for the first time after a restart). The application takes a while to show anything on the splash screen, and then becomes stuck on ImporterQuickTime.bundle.

I've tried fresh installs of Premire, Creative Cloud, After Effects, etc. Also have trashed prefs, and ran Creative Cloud cleaner app. Have tried going back to Premiere 2019, but most of my projects were built in 2020, so 2019 is incompatible and not an option for me.

I'm running Mac OS Big Sur v11.1 on a Mac Pro 2019. Processer is a 2.7 24 Core Intel Xeon W. 192gb memory. AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32gb.

Anyone else experiencing a simmilar problem? Becoming quite frustrating. Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
drewenglish AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! Just posting here in case anyone has a simliar setup to me. The issue ended up being the Promise Pegasus R4i and J2i RAID and drive bay modules I had installed. More specifically, it was the Promise RAID software that came with the modules - as soon as I uninstalled, Premire has worked flawlessly. I'm using SOFTRAID as my manager now. Hopefully this is helpful - obviously a unique situation, but I'm sure someone will run into it down the road someday!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more