• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 Bug? Help - Small Yellow Sections Refuse to Render

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wits end. I am a month deep into a massive project and Premiere keeps throwing up little sections of yellow preview bars that refuse to render. It doesn't matter what I do, these little sections of my tinmeline won't render. I have tried deleting the render files, restarts, deleting the media cache, even swapping out clips where the yellow sections pop up. Premiere refuses to render them.

I uploaded this issue to Youtube so it can be seen by the community (and everyone else)...

https://youtu.be/_fk7k0X2jOc

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. No matter what I can not render. They are 1080P video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really need to. That's PP's best guess at playing back without dropping frames. It looked like it plays just fine thru that little yellow section. I'd just move on, why does it matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not play smoothly through the yellow segments. When the playhead hits a yellow segment the image shifts slightly and the quality seems to be reduced. It is jarring. I would not want a client to watch an edit played back like this. Especially since this weird bug seems to occur a lot, scattered throughout my timeline. Sometimes the program window will flash a yellow frame, too. At 14 seconds into the video I posted, you can see that yellow frame flash in the corner of the program monitor (the first time I press play).  It is sporadic. This is not an ideal way to edit and it makes color correcting with Lumetri frustrating. 

I have a 10 core iMac Pro with 64gb of RAM and a 6 drive RAID system. This is the most up to date version of Premiere 2020. I should be able watch my edit played back in high resolution without issues.

And to answer your question, yes it does matter. It matters to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try deleting your cache...

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
• Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
• Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines