• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 Dynamic Link with After Effects is locking up Premiere

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a brand new PC 2 days ago, Windows 10, installed the latest version of Premiere Pro 14.5  and After Effects 17.5

All worked great...built my project in PP and used dynamic link to import and link my AE files.

Came back to my computer this morning and when I try to import AE files using dynamic link, Premiere just locks up and freezes. I dont get it?

So far I have tried:

This is a 2 day old PC with hardly anything installed on it. Worked fine one day, came back the next and doesnt work? 

*** Any suggestiuons short of doing these next steps to try to fix it?

1. Uninstall and reinstall Creativce Cloud and programs, which were only PP, AE, AI, Media Ecoder, and Animate.
  2. If that doesnt work, only other thing I know to do is to reset my computer to factory mode and reinstall. But at this point I have already lost half of my day, and will loose at least another half doing this when I am under the pressure of a tight project deadline. Im beyond frustrated!

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

It would be great to know what has caused this problem where the Premiere DLL worked day 1 but not day 2 on a fresh brand new computer. Obviosly if I reinstall it has a chance of happening again, so I will just have abort the idea of linking my media and go through the unefficient process of rendering files from AE to bring into Premiere.   

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?