• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 failing to open projects (Mac)

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Has anyone found the reason why Premiere crashes part way through loading up projects? Searching the forums I've found so many people with this issue, and no real permanent solution...

I've had this issue of Premiere permanently stalling part way through opening projects for awhile now. Currently running 14.8.0 on macOS 10.14.6, but I've had this issue intermittently across multiple version of Premiere and on different Macs, but it's now happening almost every time.

I've tried deleting all of the cache, resetting preferences, uninstalling/re-installing Premiere, but the only thing that seems to work is to start a new project and import the old one. Only issue is the next time I open the project the same issue occurs, so very annoying to have to do that everyday.

I run two monitors and most of my projects are in Dropbox (synced locally, but not sure if Dropbox confuses Premiere at all), but apart from that I don't have any third party plug-ins or anything else I can think of that would be causing an issue.

Has anyone else figured out why Premiere does this? Or is there a way to look at a log file and see what it keeps getting stuck on?

Cheers,

Gavin

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?