Exit

Premiere 2020 keeps crashing when trying to open a project

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 

hope someone can help me

i'm using premiere 2020 14.4.0 (build 38)

on MacPro (late 2013)

MacOs Catalina Version 10.15.7 

Processor 3.5 Ghx 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 64 GB 186 Mhz DDR3

GPU AMD FirePro D500 3GB

and an external Thunderbolt Blackmagic Decklink studio 4K "driver 11.4"

G-Speed Shutlle XL storage

i have 4 project files with the same problem: each time i open them the program starts loading then crashes when reach about 75% with the following msg:

"Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project."

i've tried everything and i already lost 3 weeks now without solving the issue and the issue accures on 2 identical MAC's

cleared cash, reseted settings and presets cash, removed and reinstalled the creative cloud, reseted the MacOs changed GPU acceleration settings, render codec settings, deleted all the texts already, all effects on the sequence.

the projects works when importing them into a new project, auto save files open normally. but i have to do it each time... each time i save the projects and closes them i have to import them again into a new projcet inorder to work on them. exporting using media encoder will cause the encoder to crash when trying to load the projects

all the projects works fine on windows and if i saved them on windows i can open them on back but also when editing and save the project won't open again

i already installed the latest updates for both MacOs and creative cloude.

i already reported this problem to adobe everytime i try something new but got no response.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say that I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. The project in question was created and last saved in May of 2020. All auto-saves have the same issue, including my manual cloud backups of the project.

Premiere Pro 14.3.0 (build 38)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this issue started after installing the latest MacOs update ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the latest update, no. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

I've downgraded Premiere to 14.0.3 and have been able to open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i will try that also maybe it will solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if there's some dicey media.  What happens if you take the media offline and then launch the project.  Without relinking save and reopen and see if the project behaves properly (albeit without any media attached).  If so, I'd suspect that there's something that the mac doesn't like.  You might try linking by format and seeing if you can locate the problem.  

Also, do you have any 3rd party plugins installed?  You might try removing them and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that now, when i take all the media offline the project opens without problems, once i link a single file (audio or video with all formats) the project gets back to the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines