• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 Locking Up - Tried Everything - Urgent Deadline

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problem with Premiere locking up if I increase/decrease audio gain, cut, move clip etc... Tried loading previous Nvidia Driver and game drivers nothing. Reset BIOS encase its clocks, nothing ... 

Footage:

• GoPro Ciniform 1536x864 (from P6K) at 50p and 86.3Mb/s bitrate stored on 1TB 860 EVO. Also have BMPCC 6K movs from a completely different project causing the same AND A7iii causing same problems, so most likely not related to footage type.

• Project File on NVME 960 EVO

• Scratch on ^

• OS on dedicated SSD

PC Specs: (copy pasta, im not flexin)

Windows 10

CPU Water: R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz 1.33Vcore / GPU Water: 1080ti @ 2Ghz Core, 6.3GHz Mem / RAM: 32GB Trident Z @ 2933MHz / DRIVES: 250GB 840 EVO OS, 250GB 960 EVO Scratch, 1TB 860 EVO Active Footage, 250GB 840 EVO Games, 1TB T5 for P4K, 2TB Barracuda

Edit:

Every single action is causing a hang. Dropping clips, in/out points.... 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official support seems to be pretty poor from Adobe. When time is money it's not good enough that neither their email support or forum support does anything to resolve issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated BIOS, changed clocks, done everything imaginable and still freezing on timeline edits.

Crosshair Hero VI running the latest BIOS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to have to format my PC at this stage, will post back with results after I finish my last project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the latest update has done, it seems it fixed my problem, thank god!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In response to your most recent post:

That is exactly why one shouldn't update major point versions (or service packs) of any OS on top of an existing older version. Old and new system files intermingling have the potential to, and do, choke a PC.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines