• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 multicam view not showing source camera feeds

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ~1 hour multicam sequence, that I have ~85% of sequenced in a target timeline.  After my last edit, suddenly my source camera area (on the left) is showing only one camera, not the four that it should:

what it looks likewhat it looks like

[ It's like what happens when I manually drop in a clip onto the target sequence's timeline, outside the multic-camera sequence that provides the rest of the content.  When I do that, the side-by-side views change from "all the source cameras on the left, and the selected camera on the right" to "same camera on the left and on the right."  But in that circumstance, this behavior makes perfects sense, since the manually added clip is not sourced from the multicam sequence.  And in this case, it's happening on my entire target sequence's timeline, including the other 117 clips that came from the multicam sequence. ]

I have the display mode set to multicam:

display mode is set to multicamdisplay mode is set to multicam

And I checked the various clips on the target timeline, and all are set to "multicam >> enable".  I've toggled them to disable and back to enable, closed, rebooted, and re-opened - but no luck.

each clip on target timeline is set to enable multicameach clip on target timeline is set to enable multicam

No other projects are showing this problem; they properly show the multiple source cameras on the left.

I'm guessing that I butter-fingered some hotkey (I'm a sloppy typist) that changed a setting, but I can't figure out what.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

I think I figured it out. Your clip is on layer v1 in the timeline but you have layer v2 active (you can tell by the color blue outlining v2). You just need to either move the nest to layer v2 or make v1 active by clicking it.

Pretty sure I have some terminology wrong here but that's what worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I am having the issues tonight. Past timeline worked correctly then moved on to 2nd part of the edit and could not get a 2nd timeline to show the multi-cam view. just showing 1 camera at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I'm having the same issue and I'm quite sure it depends on a bug. I'm currently working on a mac. I solved it just by moving the multicam clip on the upper video tracks. If the next one doesn't work, just push it to the next one until the multicam view will show up... Can the tech support say something on it, please?SCREENSHOT MULTICAM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

Saved me lots of time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also just saved me so much time. 

Same problem as listed above. 

Very interested to know what the real solution is. Restarting has not worked for me at all. Just starting over completely... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this solution did not work for me.

@Deleted User please address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MULTICAM PREVIEW IS NOT WORKING!!!!

Definitely a NEW BUG in Version 23 / 23.01.

The workarounds here are not working for me!

Come on Adobe this is a significant pain in my workflow and a fundamental failure of your due diligence in troubleshooting an update.

Redownload 23.3 and Multicam works fine.

Adobe at least acknowledges the issue and tell me you are working on a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just saved me a lot of heartache.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me thank you a million times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MAN. Thank you! That worked. And yes, that's a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a bug. The multicam sequence must be on the highest selected track, so if your sequence is on Track 1, deselect all the tracks above it and multicam will start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. Your clip is on layer v1 in the timeline but you have layer v2 active (you can tell by the color blue outlining v2). You just need to either move the nest to layer v2 or make v1 active by clicking it.

Pretty sure I have some terminology wrong here but that's what worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dreimer79: You are correct.  My apologies to the community that I did not post the fix.  I forget when I eventually figured it out.  But it was some time later.  Anyway, to confirm: I can reproduce this "buggy" behavior in any project at will by deselecting video track 1.  This always loses the ability to the see the multitrak source videos.  And reselecting video track 1 always restores it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this happen on a set of clips from a game show we recorded. Was at a loss as my boss told me I needed to pancake edit it instead. Luckily I found this and it fixed all my problems and I'm able to record my edits- cuts live as it plays. This is beyond a time saver it is the professional way to edit multiple cameras. Also finding out you can make a nest a multi-cam by right-clicking it is a game-changer

Just remember this by deselecting video track 1 will always lose the ability to see the multitrack source videos.  And reselecting video track 1 always restores it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that solved it for me! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to add a Soluition I solved for my Project. Multicam wasn't showing the different cams anymore, even if I activated them in the settings (in multicam view/wrench icon) > edit cameras... If you got multiple multicam sequences in your project and you forget on one of them to activate your layers inside the multicam (the blue highlighted on the left side of every layer for example V1,A1,V2,A2) all other multicam sequences can get confused and so the muticam monitor breaks. Just highlight tem all and you should be good to go. If it breaks again, it helps to have the MC-timelines open as well and you have to jump inside of them and go back to your Main timeline. Multicams defenetly need a rewrite of more complex Code to make it more reliable in this scenario. Best to do atm is to only have one multicam clip in your projects.
Hope that saves someone the hours of pain researching about this multicam error I had to figure out. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines