• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 not opening

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Premiere 2020 yesterday without issue. Today Premiere will not open. The launch screen appears, it starts to load, then a crash notification. From the report:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000060
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times without luck. I'm working on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.1. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi sjdewalt.

Please go to Apple Menu>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy tab>File folder access>Premiere Pro and check if the Documents folder is checked or not. If not, then check and restart your Mac and launch Premiere Pro.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Option key when launching the app. This will reset all your preferences to default, which is a usual first step in troubleshooting:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but that was one of the first things I tried -- no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sjdewalt.

Please go to Apple Menu>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy tab>File folder access>Premiere Pro and check if the Documents folder is checked or not. If not, then check and restart your Mac and launch Premiere Pro.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Vinay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find file folder access in privacy, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps for PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find Premiere Pro on my Files and Folders list, I tried restarting my laptop and reinstalling it but it doesn't work at all. It just appeared on my taskbar for a few seconds and it disappeared again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it would freeze on the loading screen and then crash.  Today i don't even get the loading screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an Apple, I have a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the steps for a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Apple Menu>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy tab> but there is no " <File Folder Access>Premiere Pro. " Any suggestions? I am on the first day of my 7 day trial and it does not look good so far. I cannot even launch Premiere.

My install stops at "Loading IZAdobeLoudness.Bundle"  I have Izotope plug-ins, but not this. They are integral to my workflow in Nuendo. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you scroll down the list on the left side?

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 6.48.25 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but Premiere Pro is not on my files and folders list. I restarted it and it's still not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same issue.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.   There's no option for me to scroll on the left hand side.premiere.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For me everything is checked already, as mentioened above. I still cannot open Premier Pro. It just doesn't start. No warning or any message. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions to this, new mac and this has been a pain in the ass.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final Cut is looking real good right now, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, can't sign in to uninstall, loving all the bugs, don't have a project to work on or anything.  Love spending this time dealing with bugs.  Thank you Adobe! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to know if there is a fix, otherwise, it's time to move on.  I can cancel my sub and get FC.  No harm no foul, it was good while it lasted but the bugs and issues have finally come to the surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is not working on my MAc laptop, latest OS, latest PPro install as of 09/19/2020. also tried the type folder delete in version 12. No luck.

Christopher Wright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I cannot open any new files created in the last several days. In the privacy tab as pictured above, the boxes are all checked. No matter which project I open, (stored on an external hard drive, (which has never created a problem before) Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 stops responding. This seems to coincide with the latest updates to PP2020. I forced quit PP and it reactivates, but doesn not respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences, and reducing the amount of video files stored on my hard drive seems to have fixed the problem... 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines