PREMIERE 2020 Only rendering PARTS of clips?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Been having this issue for months now and I cannot figure out what is going on. I'm using version 14.3.1

Basically what happens is when I render out sequences or portions of sequences, Premiere will show the sequence as completely rendered (fully green), but then upon me clicking anywhere on the sequence or simply pressing play, suddenly parts of my sequence show up as unrendered. The weirdest thing is these unrendered sections are almost never full clips. They will be-- for example-- a couple miliseconds at the end or beginning of a clip. Some of these affected clips have effects on them, some of them do not. Removing effects from an affected clip SOMETIMES fixes the issue, but MOST of the time-- will not. These affected clips seem to be random in nature, I could have a clip with a large degree of heavy effects and it is not affected, while another untouched clip has this issue. There are NEVER any export issues though, the unrendered pieces somehow during export rendering seem to work fine. I've just dealt with the issue up until now because it was merely a nuissance, but I am really fed up trying to edit this way because as we all know, unrendered media is often horrible during playback. In my case the playback will glitch at these unrendered pieces or the image will slightly squeeze (distort) or freeze for the moment when the unrendered media plays and it is becoming harder and harder to ignore since the problem is becoming progressively more apparent. When the issue started a couple months ago I would only get one or two instances of this, but now I'm finding it happen a lot more. It happens on projects I use proxies on and projects that I don't use proxies on, I can't pinpoint what's causing it at all. I've done a mariad of things including resetting to default preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, clearing cache files, uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers, etc. Nothing has worked and I've never seen a problem like this in the six years I've been using Premiere.

I've attached screenshots/a vid link and software/hardware info below. Thanks for any help!

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Premiere ver 14.3.1

Intel CORE i9-9900K @3.60GHz

64GB installed Ram

NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (drivers are updated)

System files stored and run off internal Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M. 2

Project files stored and run off internal WD Black 1TB desktop harddrive

-Using Blackmagic Raw 4k/6k files 5:1 (have used these files for awhile now and have not had any issues with them on Premiere before, which is why I don't believe this specific problem I'm having has anything to do with BRAW compatibility.)

VIDEO LINK: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/Z3KPvy8gmQhyUoxyXJo5sJ?

In the video you can see that it doesn't matter whether there is an overlapping clip below the render issue or not- the problem will still occur on random clips. Nor does it matter whether any clips have effects (clip #1 has no effects, clip #2 has been slowed down only, clips #3 and 4 have been slowed down only). This issue can often happen in between two clips with absolutely no effects applied. **This project used no proxies only the original video files** The video also shows the slight distortion that occurs during playback when one of the problem issues comes up).

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PREMIERE 2020 Only rendering PARTS of clips?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Been having this issue for months now and I cannot figure out what is going on. I'm using version 14.3.1

Basically what happens is when I render out sequences or portions of sequences, Premiere will show the sequence as completely rendered (fully green), but then upon me clicking anywhere on the sequence or simply pressing play, suddenly parts of my sequence show up as unrendered. The weirdest thing is these unrendered sections are almost never full clips. They will be-- for example-- a couple miliseconds at the end or beginning of a clip. Some of these affected clips have effects on them, some of them do not. Removing effects from an affected clip SOMETIMES fixes the issue, but MOST of the time-- will not. These affected clips seem to be random in nature, I could have a clip with a large degree of heavy effects and it is not affected, while another untouched clip has this issue. There are NEVER any export issues though, the unrendered pieces somehow during export rendering seem to work fine. I've just dealt with the issue up until now because it was merely a nuissance, but I am really fed up trying to edit this way because as we all know, unrendered media is often horrible during playback. In my case the playback will glitch at these unrendered pieces or the image will slightly squeeze (distort) or freeze for the moment when the unrendered media plays and it is becoming harder and harder to ignore since the problem is becoming progressively more apparent. When the issue started a couple months ago I would only get one or two instances of this, but now I'm finding it happen a lot more. It happens on projects I use proxies on and projects that I don't use proxies on, I can't pinpoint what's causing it at all. I've done a mariad of things including resetting to default preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, clearing cache files, uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers, etc. Nothing has worked and I've never seen a problem like this in the six years I've been using Premiere.

I've attached screenshots/a vid link and software/hardware info below. Thanks for any help!

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Premiere ver 14.3.1

Intel CORE i9-9900K @3.60GHz

64GB installed Ram

NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (drivers are updated)

System files stored and run off internal Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M. 2

Project files stored and run off internal WD Black 1TB desktop harddrive

-Using Blackmagic Raw 4k/6k files 5:1 (have used these files for awhile now and have not had any issues with them on Premiere before, which is why I don't believe this specific problem I'm having has anything to do with BRAW compatibility.)

VIDEO LINK: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/Z3KPvy8gmQhyUoxyXJo5sJ?

In the video you can see that it doesn't matter whether there is an overlapping clip below the render issue or not- the problem will still occur on random clips. Nor does it matter whether any clips have effects (clip #1 has no effects, clip #2 has been slowed down only, clips #3 and 4 have been slowed down only). This issue can often happen in between two clips with absolutely no effects applied. **This project used no proxies only the original video files** The video also shows the slight distortion that occurs during playback when one of the problem issues comes up).

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0

Have something to add?