Highlighted

Premiere 2020 v14.5.0 audio transition produces strange noises

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I joined 2 clips together with 2 audio filters (DeNoise & Hard Limiter), and then an audio transition (Exponential Fade) to the cut point to make it smoother, it produces strange glitching noises. I tried turn off the DeNoise & Hard Limiter filter then the noises goes away. It happens after the update of Premiere v14.5.0 as I do a lot of these steps before the update and it goes smoothly. Any clue? Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere 2020 v14.5.0 audio transition produces strange noises

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I joined 2 clips together with 2 audio filters (DeNoise & Hard Limiter), and then an audio transition (Exponential Fade) to the cut point to make it smoother, it produces strange glitching noises. I tried turn off the DeNoise & Hard Limiter filter then the noises goes away. It happens after the update of Premiere v14.5.0 as I do a lot of these steps before the update and it goes smoothly. Any clue? Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you render the audio does the issue still exist?  If not, might make sense to revert to the previous version that was working without issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it still exist after render.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try with v14.4 and no such problems. I'm going to stick with v14.4 for a while. Great work! Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya know, premiere is an incredibly complex program and bug fixes and new features can have unintended consequences.   Just be thankful that premiere allows you to keep multiple versions on your system.  or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhhh I was rough cutting on a Windows box and ran across this gnarly / noisy transition voodoo and thought it was a Windows thing...then I'm finishing on my Mac and noticed the issue.  I uninstalled, then re-installed vers 14.4 and no more!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0