• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2021 Export Hangs on 100% when using CUDA.

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. As the title says the export hangs on 100% when using CUDA. rendering on PC with RTX 3060 and AMD Ryzen 75800h. It is insanely fast but then just stops. Thought it was the muxing but the file is often finalised.

There is a stability issue with my new hardware setup. Are AMD chips as stable as the Intel chips with premiere?

all thoughts welcome

best

Tim

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
How do you make the RTX 3060 work 100%?
I have the detail that my RTX 3060 does not exceed 4% in use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry should have been clearer. I am talking about the render progress bar rather than the amount of GPU / CPU use. Having said that the GPU does seem to go up to about 68 percent use when working. And it genuinely makes the renders a lot faster. I am using 2021 and have hardware encoding.. mercury CUDA enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Have downloaded latest drivers. Didn't know about the studio edition so that's great to have that. 

It is now more stable actually and the exports no longer fail as much,. Which they sometimes did before. Still often get the hang on render progress at 100 percent, though has to be said it is not with all sequences.

As I say the file has often finalised, been muxed and is playable from the desktop, so what exactly Premiere Pro / Media Encoder are up to I have no idea. It should also be noted this happens more in Media Encoder than exporting natively within Premiere Pro. Strange!

Thanks for the links about the GPUs very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your RTX 3060 works more than 30% when rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah! I know. I have always been fairly unimpressed with the amount of help GPUs give to my creative cloud work but genuinely impressed with what the RTX GPU does in 2020 / 2021. 

Still feels like After Effects preview render is under powered. It rarely goes above 10 percent. Given that rendering an export and rendering a preview seems like pretty much the same thing not entirely sure why. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines