• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder need minutes to launch

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working on a video my PC pretty much froze (not froze but super slowmo incl. moving the mouse) so I restarted. Since this restart Premiere and After Effects need about 4min to start. Media Encoder needs like 10min. I have a new, super fast computer and eveything works smooth but this sucks big time now. When starting AE it remains in "initializing Media Core" for minutes..I remembered that I had this problem a long time ago and it had something to do with my Zone Alarm firewall.. but even if I turn off the firewall its the same problem. Anybody any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Futurizer!

Mind sharing your system specs (OS, RAM, CPU, GPU) so we know what we're working with?

I wonder if it could be an issue with permissions. If you right-click the app on your desktop/dock and select "Run as Administrator" does it launch quicker? 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Win 10, 32GB Ram, Ryzen 9 9300X, GPU I dont remember right now, its a pretty new GeForce that was suggested to me. I can look it up if its important. 

When I want to export something out of AE it doesnt even transfer the job to Media Encoder anymore :((( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines