Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere/After Effects/Media Encoder not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between gigs, updated everything.

Picked up a quick gig cutting a promo with client provided AE templates for L3rds.

Started a new Premiere project. Adjust AE templates and drag timelines to Premiere.

That works. Client signs off on edit. Need to provide all elements as seperate ProRes HQ and 4444alpha. 

Go back to AE to render out full rez.

AE can't see Media Encoder and  says it's not installed, which it is. Render queue still works,

Checked Premiere and it too can't send a render to ME. Same error messages as attached. 

Reinstalled ME this morning then restarted. Still nothing is working as it should.

MacBookPro 10.15.7 16GB RAM,  quadcore i7.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any idea about this?

tl:dr

Premiere and After Effects can't send to Media Encoder as neither think it's installed, which it is. 
Downgrade?

Reinstall again?

Do a ceremonial dance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, use the cleaner tool, restart and all that and then reinstall so the connections between apps can be reestablished. Ceremonial dance during this time should help with moral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone from Adobe got any solutions to this. AE and ME dynamic link is broken on the latest versions again. I used to just always downgrade to a previous working version to solve this issue howver now Adobe has taken away all previous app versions (which is crazy when the updates are so unstable). 
Now I'm back to exporting quicktimes in AE and converting to mp4's with handbrake but this extra step is super time consuming. I'm on Mac OSX 10.14.6 and using AE 18.2.0 and ME 15.4.1 which is the latest version my operating system can install.

I've also tried reinstalling and clearing all caches and system preferences etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines