• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere always crashes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time I have been with the stability of premiere big problems.
Again and again Premiere or Windows crashes.Desperate .
Now I have completely reinstalled Windows.
The system is running super fast and stable. But then I reinstall the Adobe Program Premiere, Media Encoder, Prelude, Audition, Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge.
I pray that everything now runs without problems.
But unfortunately it is even worse now. As soon after the start of Premiere, Windows crashes completely.
So I uninstalled premiere. And Windows runs without problems again. And other programs also runs without problems.
I asked here more often. But nobody can help. Is there no experts here at Adobe and no support?
My system meets the requirements. Only the graphics card is a bit older and will soon be exchanged for a better.

Windows 10 pro/64bit
Asrock X299 Professional i9 XE -- Intel i9-7940X / 3.1Ghz / 14cores --- DDR4-2132 48GB

Storage: SSD : 2x  --  SATA : 9x
Seasonic Prime Plus 1000 Watt

Asus Xonar AE Soundcard

Geforce GTX 980 ( 4GB ) 

Monitor 1: 4K 4096x2160 

Monitor 2: 2K 2560x1440

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card is the problem. It can't use the latest Nvidia Studio drivers and Pr needs the latest Studio drivers to work properly with Nvidia graphics card. The Game Ready drivers cause problems in Pr.

New graphics card and most recent Studio drivers should solve your crashing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks.

Is this tec-rule new ? My card GTX 980 works many years with Premiere. Not perfect, not stabile with many crashes, but works with patience until the result.

Now with new installation of windows and Adobe I cannot even start the work.

And I have the same problems with all other Adobe programs : LR, photoshop, audition also crashes my windows system.

Crazy, but good to know, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And why Adobe recommend these cards without studio drivers ?

GTX 960 , GTX 970   my better GTX 980 is not listed

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html#recommended_cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you replace your gtx980 do some reading to be sure you are getting a card based on new/current technology, so you don't wind up with another card that will 'soon' lose driver support AND that is compatible with the studio driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am wating on the RTX 3090.

I hope this card have the current tec and studio drivers, and will solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>hope this card have the current tec

I don't know anything about that card, so I suggest you go to nvidia and read what is says about the architecture and release date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>RTX 3090

Oh, well... at MSRP of $1,499 that card should do everything you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so.It is so difficult today to buy a graphics card in these days.

But what I do not understand:
Before my reinstallation my old graphics card GTX980 (Game Driver) worked with Photoshop and Premiere.
How was this possible ?

Not good, slow and many crashes,but with patience and a lot of time I came to results.
So I could at least make small work, big work were of course impossible.

And why Adobe doesn`t inform their customers, that they have to change the graphic card with studio driver ? And it crashes the windows system.
I hear this here the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines