Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly Pertinent Info:

Container: MPEG-4 movie - 2.49 GB

Dimensions: 1920 x 1080

Duration: 32:31

Frame Rate: 29.97 fps

The Problem: 

When I import the footage, only imports 16:25 of the footage. 

What I have tried:

1. Shutting down app and reopening (No change)

2. Ingesting individual clips (to be honest I don't really know how this works so I might have done it wrong)

3. Trimming in Quicktime (for some reason Quicktime refuses to save the trimmed clip and so back to square one)

4. Trimming in Media Encoder (Media Encoder also will only import 16:25 of the clip)

Let me know what else I can try. I'm out of ideas and Google has not been helpful. 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the footage *really* 29.97 fps? The imported duration is almost exactly half of the specs you provided. It could be 60 fps. One way to tell outside of Pr is to use the tree view of MediaInfo.

Select the imported footage in the project panel and go to Clip>Modify>Interpret Footage. Ensure Pr sees the footage as it really is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is from a camera card, try copying the entire contents of the card to your hard drive and then use the media importer in Premiere Pro to import the mp4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines