Premiere & Media Encorder Crashing

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new computer and while everything seems to run well otherwise, my editing programs both adobe and media composer seem to not be able to handle anything,

more than enough times ive had premiere freeze on me and completely crash my computer and after delving into multiple different methods to fix this (ie deleting cache and render, updating drivers, reinstalling the programs, etc) nothing seems to be working which is frustrating since i built this computer for the sole purpose of editing for my job.

Here are my specs

CPU : Amd Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Motherboard : ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory : G-Skill Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage : Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2 2280 NVME Solid State Drive

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB Armour OC Video Card

Power : EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronz Certified ATX Power Supply

The only piece that was used and not new is the GPU so I'm almost postive that is my issue but I am unsure of how to fix it to allow me to export on my programs and not cause crashes

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

500 watt for power supply: might not be adeqate enough for programs like Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three areas I would look into if I were you.

1. That GPU you have may not be able to cope with the strain for exporting

2. RAM - I went from 16GB to 32GB and it helped a lot. Premier pro was using around 11GB

3. Check all the settings by searching for Youtube videos on best premier pro settings etc. There are a few to go through and too many for this post to mention.

I would also run some checking tools on your PC just to check everything is working ok.

Heaven Beanchmark

CPU stress test

Ryzen Timing Checker

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wonder about your power supply... you do NOT want a power supply to always run at maximum load

https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/

ADDED... my hardware

Intel i9-10900k CPU in ASUS-Prime-Z490-P motherboard with 64Gig TEAMGROUP-3200MHz ram
Seagate-FireCuda 500Gig M.2 for Windows and programs and usual Documents files
500Gig SSD for temporary and output files, 1T SSD for video and picture input files
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 128 Bit Graphics 4Gig GDDR6 ram video card + DVD drive

The power supply calculator said 500watts without including the 4 case fans

I bought an 850watt gold rated power supply

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines