Highlighted

Premiere and Media Encoder - Fails to open, freezes on splash screen loading AEXD.aex

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:

Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder (versions 14.4) fail to load beyond the splash screen. Freezing on loading, specifically "AEXD.aex" is the last plugin it shows to load before the screen disappears. Other apps load fine. 

What could the problem be?

Attempts to fix:

• Updated all windows updates
  • Updated all Dell bios and driver updates
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere, MediaEncoder and After effects for good measure
  • Cleared media caches
  • Cleared app preferences on loading by hold shift+alt +ctrl
  • Remove any plugins I have by removing them from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0" apart from "Dummy.txt" and "Public" with "AEXD-33.1.12.4" inside it
  • Creative cloud desktop app updated to latest version. Uninstalled and reinstalled for good measure

Adobe Versions:
Premiere CC 14.4
Media Encoder CC 14.4

Laptop setup:

Dell XPS 15
Windows 10 Enterprise (64bit)
Intel(R) Core i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz
16 GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere and Media Encoder - Fails to open, freezes on splash screen loading AEXD.aex

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:

Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder (versions 14.4) fail to load beyond the splash screen. Freezing on loading, specifically "AEXD.aex" is the last plugin it shows to load before the screen disappears. Other apps load fine. 

What could the problem be?

Attempts to fix:

• Updated all windows updates
  • Updated all Dell bios and driver updates
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere, MediaEncoder and After effects for good measure
  • Cleared media caches
  • Cleared app preferences on loading by hold shift+alt +ctrl
  • Remove any plugins I have by removing them from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0" apart from "Dummy.txt" and "Public" with "AEXD-33.1.12.4" inside it
  • Creative cloud desktop app updated to latest version. Uninstalled and reinstalled for good measure

Adobe Versions:
Premiere CC 14.4
Media Encoder CC 14.4

Laptop setup:

Dell XPS 15
Windows 10 Enterprise (64bit)
Intel(R) Core i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz
16 GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Downgrading to versiob 14.3 worked. Why is this the case?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0