• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere and Media Encoder freezing routinely

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on about 10 large sequences (1-2 hours each). exclusively avchd/mp4 files (c100 mk2 files) and legacy titles. I don't have the issue on other projects with different codec media. Only these avchd files that go longer than 30 minutes or so.

If I leave my desk for longer than 20-30 minutes, I return to premiere frozen (spinning blue circle) and have to hard kill the program and restart it (no reboot needed).

When exporting to AME queue, it only get between 20-70 percent the first job and then freeze up in the same manner. But it appears the export continues in the background because, given enough time to finish, the file is done without issue--but only the first, it doesn't continue to the next job. Another interesting thing, is that if premiere is playing a sequence without interruption for longer than 10 minutes or so, it freezes up in the same way but I can still hear audio from the sequence playing without issue, just can't do anything about it till I kill the program and relaunch it.

I've tried uninstalling the whole suite and using the adobe cc cleaner. Updated windows, updating adobe, updated gpu drivers, I also just updated to CC 2018 this morning and I'm still getting identical symptoms. I also swapped out my RAM sticks and GPU to some other spares I had lying around and no difference.

Adobe CC (2018)

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7-5820K

GTX 1080 Ti

32 GB DDR4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue only my whole PC freezes. I have to turn off the machine and turn it back on again to recover. Mine is failing trying to encode proxies. The files are .MOV and the proxies are H.264.

Windows 10 64bit

AMD FX-6300

Geforce Titan Black

24G DDR3 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Is it possible to perform Clean boot of windows & test the performance.

Instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It's 2021 now and this problem still exist. I tried to clean boosted. Contacted the Adobe team, they connected to my PC and did some stuff, but the problem doesn't go away. Are there any other solutions? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Clean booted window* 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had issues all week exporting any & all media. I've been getting crashes, freezes, and errors consistently, starting a few days ago. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? What are your specs? Maybe we have some of the same.

Mine are:

32GB Ram 

i7-8700

NVidia Quadro p1000

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work, but it's a temporary solution. The main problems are the Adobe programs, Adobe need to patch em.

You can try this:

First disable the display auto turn off.

In Me, Go to Edit - Preference - turn off preview while encoding. 

While encoding don't open any other applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave those a shot, but still got an error on export. Come on adobe!

Thanks for the suggestions. 

-Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just connected with Adobe techinician, we rolled back the version of premiere & Me to 14.4 and it works fine. The guy say he will notice Adobe team about the new version problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, when creating proxies, PP freezes after couple of minutes. Force quit is only solution (PP 12.0.0 Build 224)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZDNVCK,

Are you on windows or mac? If windows, please perform a clean boot & test if the issue can be recreated.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, I'm on a mac pro 2009, Nvidia Titan X 12GB, OS 10.12.6..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting a similar problem, media encoder freezes after encoding 5 H264 files, these are rough cuts sent from Prelude.

Latest version of CC installed, OSx fully up to date.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 12

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 30 MB

Memory: 64 GB

Boot ROM Version: MP61.0116.B17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now trying to encode proxies.

Macbook Pro

OS 10.13.4

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB Ram

Is this problem being looked into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to delete the 'video previews' ?

try also cleaning media cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if this is being worked on? Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder always freeze after the 10th proxy created. I tried lowering the quality of the proxy, turned off video preview, restarted premiere and encoder, updated the apps, reinstalled the apps, restarted my mac, cleared cache media, as well as sourced the proxies to a different place and nothing seems to be working. I have about 2 hours of footage that I can't create proxies for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to delete the video previews where the scratch disks location is on both pp and me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it ended up being one bad clip. I removed it and it worked.

On Sun, May 20, 2018, 4:29 PM carlosz13485882, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to delete both video previews. I keep having to force quit then reopen ME and continue where the encoding leaves off. I have to do that every 10 clips..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this exact thing is happening to me too. Im on a maxed out brand new 2018 Mac Book Pro and when I go to create proxies from premiere I get about 20 or 30 minutes of encoding before both PR and AME freeze and stop working. Force quite seems to be the only way. So I guess I can just keep doing bite sized batches of proxy transcoding but man Id love to leave a big batch transcoding over night. Any help would be so appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can file a bug report and we will vote

anyway always having to delete preview video files and media cache is no more a thing that

should be done, a solution must be found to all of this, so the report should include your

crashes and also not having to workaround with deleting cache and previews that even those don't

work in all cases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is back again and more annoying than ever. This time it isn't a bad clip it is happening regularly. Why is Adobe ignoring this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it's happening on two different machines. Happening on a Macbook Pro and an iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same thing happening to me. I'm trying to create ProRes proxies for about 250 clips. It AME and Pr freeze after about 10 clips and I have to restart every time. This is happening on a 2011 Macbook Pro and mid 2015 Macbook pro. Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines