• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere and Media Encoder not launching on my mac

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new adobe premiere CC 2020, and Media Encoder 2020 on my Mac OS version 10.15.1 Catalina iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) Processor 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB, Adobe premiere and Media Encoder are unable to launch, they always crash during lunch. I have uninstall them more than 10 times, and even try to login as new admin to the machine, none of the solution work. I have even used third-par app to clean up my Mac with any left over of any Adobe item, none of this solved the issue. Yet I can run all the rest of the app (After Fx, PSD, DW and so on ...) without any problem. Any solution that works will be welcome.

Erns R.
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

I finally got the solution and it works 

This is what I did From my mac:

I went to my Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe> Common> Plug-ins> 7.0> MediaCore

And remove all the existing plug-ins to my Desktop , except the folder call <Public> and <dummy.text> file.

I launch my Adobe and it works fine, and then I added one by one all the folders containing my plug-ins to find out the one that was causing the problem and I delete it completely.

Now everything works fine.    

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann Bens, I have try that solution didn't work. Before even posting my question I've tried maybe five times didn't work for me.

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the solution and it works 

This is what I did From my mac:

I went to my Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe> Common> Plug-ins> 7.0> MediaCore

And remove all the existing plug-ins to my Desktop , except the folder call <Public> and <dummy.text> file.

I launch my Adobe and it works fine, and then I added one by one all the folders containing my plug-ins to find out the one that was causing the problem and I delete it completely.

Now everything works fine.    

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you! Seriously this has been keeping me from using Media Encoder for MONTHS at this point. It just started affecting Premiere yesterday and that was the last straw. Fixed it instantly. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so so much, this saved me ours trying to figure out the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked instantly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if you're willing, that is.... tell me what plug ins were causing your problem?  Still haven't found my issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround has solved all of my issues! Thank you Concept-Production! I have had problems with ME crashing for several months, usually after I import anything into the project. I am fully upgraded to 14.8.

I had to remove the folder "C2 Active Text" that included 5 plug-ins. I tried adding them back, one by one, but it would not work with any of them in there. I don't need these for my purposes anyways.

Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common > Plug-ins > 7.0 > Media Core > CoreMelt > C2 Active Text >  

-Fade InOut - Free.plugin

-Liquid Text - Free.plugin

-Lower Third Gradient - Free.plugin

-Text Explode - Free.plugin

-Track InOut - Free.plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines