• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere asking for Intel® Graphics Driver, fails. Unable to insert track- freezes

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
I am setting up Adobe Premiere on 2014 Intel 4770K computer. When open Premiere It says, "Video: Unsupported Driver Intel HD Graphics 4600. If you continue with known issues, you may experience performance degradation, instability and data loss".
If I chose "Fix", it opens this window:
How to manually install your Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 (adobe.com)
(Link removed by Adobe). 
When I attempt to install driver that I download from this link, it shows "Error: this computer does not meet minimum requirements".
I dont see why Adobe Premiere care about Intel graphics. The monitor is connected via gaming graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7870. Unfortunately, the software is not stable and freezes when I try to add new Video and Audio Tracks. I keep restarting computer but it keeps happening. Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on Adobe forum (thanks). My setting is already set to Software Only. And there is no hardware acceliration.

"Adobe now requires a 6th-Generation or newer Intel Core i-series CPU in order for Premiere Pro to run properly. And the suggested Intel driver version mentioned on Adobe's site is compatible only with the 6th-Generation or newer CPUs. Your CPU, unfortunately, is only a 4th-Generation CPU. The only "fix" for this, unfortunately, is to disable both Quick Sync and MPE GPU acceleration, switching both to the software-only mode. But then, your editing experience will be at the mercy of your system's CPU - and your CPU is only a dual-core CPU with four threads, which will only make your editing experience agonizing. Premiere Pro now effectively requires an 8-core, 16-thread or better CPU in order to run adequately smoothly."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this article: 

FAQ: Troubleshooting Intel iGPU systems with Premi... - Adobe Support Community - 10731812

Do you have a dual GPU systems that feature an Intel iGPU? Is your dual GPU setup not working as expected? Before doing anything rash, please check the following:

• Make sure the discrete AMD or NVIDIA GPU is set in Project Settings > General for the Mercury Engine Playback Engine: CUDA or Metal are the typical settings.

My set to Mercury Engine software only. 

Info regarding Video Drivers for the Intel iGPU

• The 2019/2020 version of Premiere Pro (version 13.0 and later) requires a recent version of the Intel graphics driver. 
  • We recommend updating your Intel drivers to the baseline drivers or above.

GPU Accelerated Rendering and Hardware Encoding (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines