Highlighted

Premiere Autosave Opening Adobe App, not Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where a project was closed. The most recent save was an autosave. When attempting to open the autosave file, it only opens the Adobe CC app manager. I have attempted to "Open With" Premiere via manual means, but nothing happens. I also do not have access to the project when choosing to open the last manual save, my timeline/sequence are missing from the project panel.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve_Griffiths | Adobe Community Professional

Possibly a corrupt file ... but try importing the autosave file into a new Premiere pro project. And I would try this two ways, first via the file menu > import into your new Premiere Pro project. If that does not work try importing via the Premiere Pro 'media browser' and see if you can drill into the autosave project by clicking 'import selected sequences' after selecting import from Media Browser. Other than that you may be out of luck. Do you have an earlier Autosave? 

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Autosave Opening Adobe App, not Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where a project was closed. The most recent save was an autosave. When attempting to open the autosave file, it only opens the Adobe CC app manager. I have attempted to "Open With" Premiere via manual means, but nothing happens. I also do not have access to the project when choosing to open the last manual save, my timeline/sequence are missing from the project panel.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve_Griffiths | Adobe Community Professional

Possibly a corrupt file ... but try importing the autosave file into a new Premiere pro project. And I would try this two ways, first via the file menu > import into your new Premiere Pro project. If that does not work try importing via the Premiere Pro 'media browser' and see if you can drill into the autosave project by clicking 'import selected sequences' after selecting import from Media Browser. Other than that you may be out of luck. Do you have an earlier Autosave? 

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to recover the project by opening the autosave file within Premiere Pro. File > Open > Autosave File. It will remain a mystery to me why selecting the file itself did not open Premeire Pro, but the apps manager itself. All of the save files have the Adobe CC emblem instead of the Premiere Pro one even after selecting Open With > Premiere Pro.
The other issue, the person who's project this was had their sequence named incorrectly and identical to another sequence. This made recovering the project and resetting his workspace more difficult. Selecting the autosave from within Premiere was the trick as opposed to the desktop folder location.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines