Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere can not import mov files.just only sound no video

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i delete quicktime again and set up again .

also cant solve this problem.
my old project is my old computer is windows 7 , my new computer is windows 10 .
please help me to solve this problem .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Hi YuenA,

Sorry for your issues. Here's what I'd do: Import QuickTime video into a previous version of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder. Transcode it to Cineform or DNxHD/HR. Import that footage into the current version of Premiere Pro. That should work.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem ever since I updated to 12.1, its very frustrating! Hopefully they fix this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I need help.I have same problem I have many mov animations with codec rle to meke videos beautiful they are transparent animations. I followed all suggestions and post. I have windows 10

and latest version of adobe premiere pro. It used to work before but now not anymore.

Most of mov animations as lower thirds and beautiful ones are mov to make beautiful after effects.

The things I did was to change extensions. It doesn't work.

I also installed quick time again and also doesn't work.

The amimations play on windows and quick time but they dont' play in adobe premiere and after effects. It doen't let me import because it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi YuenA,

Sorry for your issues. Here's what I'd do: Import QuickTime video into a previous version of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder. Transcode it to Cineform or DNxHD/HR. Import that footage into the current version of Premiere Pro. That should work.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The earliest version of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder that I can install with my CC subscription is 13.1.5, and they don't support Quicketime 7 either. How can I implement your solution if I can't get an early enough version of your software to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got the same problem premiere pro cc does not reconize the mov file.

My solution is importing the mov into movavi video editing and just export it in there as mov with the same w&h

and then import the new mov in adobe premiere pro cc, the new mov has the same quality as the Original and it works perfectly.

grtz, yvonne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this and it didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to "Transcode it to Cineform or DNxHD/HR. Import that footage into the current version of Premiere Pro."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happen with me..its just a copy paste error..
copy again thos file from.. whr u copy last time..
and replace them..it work

(play all thos file with any player ..if they cant play it replace them)
(no need to downgrade or upgrade ur software)

(u cant import them .coz they r faulty files)

and try to upgrade ur quick-time player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines