• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere can't read DnxHR .mov files from Resolve 17.1

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered an issue regarding DnxHR .mov files exported from Resolve 17.1 —these will not play in Premiere.  Seems to be a Premiere bug, as the files work everywhere else (VLC, back in Resolve etc)

Files exported in Resolve 17.0 and earlier beta versions are fine. 

There seems be something in the file’s metadata that points to the culprit – the files produced in 17.1 say AVdn and do not play in premiere (the file shows up as a .wav audio file)   

AVdn bad.JPG

When one tries to play the file, this warning pops up

cannot AVdn.jpg

The files produced before 17.1 say AVdh and work fine. 

Avdh good.JPG

I tried downloading and installing the DNxHR codecs from Avid – no dice. 

Any ideas? 

Here are the Resolve export settings – I’d appreciate someone out there independently confirming this. 

resolve export settings.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

I think it might be a Resolve bug now, check out my 1st image - I didn't even notice that VLC thinks it is tagged as DnxHD, not HR!  

obviously this is impossible since DnxHD tops out at 1080.  

Apparently "AVdn" is the tag for DnxHD as well, so, I think Resolve is doing something fishy here.  

but who knows.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guessing Resolve is using a newer version of the codec, that Pr doesn't (yet) support. I've seen this in the past. If you think this is a bug please file it here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be a Resolve bug now, check out my 1st image - I didn't even notice that VLC thinks it is tagged as DnxHD, not HR!  

obviously this is impossible since DnxHD tops out at 1080.  

Apparently "AVdn" is the tag for DnxHD as well, so, I think Resolve is doing something fishy here.  

but who knows.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like you, I've been on the LiftGammaGain forum and several other places. Yea, R-17 has some issues hitting a number of users. None of these complex & complicated apps is perfect it seems. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines