• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Capture Will Not Pick Up USB Microphone

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up capture and record, there is no audio.  Premiere recognises the microphone to record on the timeline, but does not pick up the microphone for Capture.  Using Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder 4k, Mackey EM-USB Microphone, Windows 10 Pro 2020.  I have searched as many YouTube Videos that I can find on the subject.  Have made many recordings successfully in vMIx.  I would rather use my Premiere Pro CS6.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says here that you need Premiere Pro CC

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-06

Regarding the microphone, try to install the most updated drivers possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the tme to respond.  It is very much appreciated.  I am not having any trouble with the Blackmagic capture card. And I am NOT pulling audio through the card, only video, and the video is good.  The microphone is USB and is plugged in separately. Premiere is not picking up the audio in Capture.  Premier DOES pick up the microphoe for a Timeline recording, so the program does recognize the microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check if the Audio Hardware preferences have the correct input selected, which is the microphone?  My screenshot is from Pr CC 2020 but I think the settings are the same in CS6 as in CC.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-03 a la(s) 19.51.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio SettingsAudio Settings

Thank you for your responce.  This is a snapshot of the audio hardware settings.  I should have sent this the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the track mixer I think you have to make sure you have selected the correct input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now try to right click on the Audio Track, look in CS6 for the Voice Over Record Settings option, then select the correct input which is the one for your microphone.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a la(s) 08.47.07.pngCaptura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a la(s) 08.47.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your ideas.  I have been caught up in a major work project, and I havn't been able to respond.  When I right click on the audio track, all that I get is: "Rename, Delete Tracks, Delete Track".  It seems that my program looks differnt than yours.  Since nothing seem sto work, I have decided to go ahead and record in Adobe Audition while I am capturing.  I have rehearsed this many times.  I just use the "clap" method of lining up the video wth the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! The idea is not to get stuck, I hope you can solve it later. You could also ask the device manufacturer for some support or try updating the version of your application.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audition is an excellent program.  Althought when I start capture in Premiere and then click on Audition to record, the Premiere capture freezes.  I then click on capture and it starts up again.  Although I am having trouble with capture sometimes freezing after a few seconds, and sometimes freezing after thirty seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines