Premiere CC 14.7 Crashing in multiple scenarios

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Big Sur 11.1 and Premiere 14.7 on a MBP with 64 Gb ram and have had two major crashing issues so far:

1. In a new project, every time I dragged a clip from my Media panel into my timeline the pinwheel of death would show up and the app would stop responding (along with some functionality of the rest of my laptop). I tried trimming the clips, adjusting the bins they were in etc. - fixes that have worked in much older versions, just in case, to no avail. Thankfully every time it crashes it recognized the action and the clip was in the timeline after I opened the recovery file. -Made a 3-minute process take 20 mins.

2. Every time I right-click to add a video track in the timeline panel the app also stops responding, causing me to re-open it, however, there is no recovery file created with the action reflected.

For now, I'm reverting to 14.6 to see if that helps. Has anyone else found these issues? Any fixes you suggest?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere CC 14.7 Crashing in multiple scenarios

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Big Sur 11.1 and Premiere 14.7 on a MBP with 64 Gb ram and have had two major crashing issues so far:

1. In a new project, every time I dragged a clip from my Media panel into my timeline the pinwheel of death would show up and the app would stop responding (along with some functionality of the rest of my laptop). I tried trimming the clips, adjusting the bins they were in etc. - fixes that have worked in much older versions, just in case, to no avail. Thankfully every time it crashes it recognized the action and the clip was in the timeline after I opened the recovery file. -Made a 3-minute process take 20 mins.

2. Every time I right-click to add a video track in the timeline panel the app also stops responding, causing me to re-open it, however, there is no recovery file created with the action reflected.

For now, I'm reverting to 14.6 to see if that helps. Has anyone else found these issues? Any fixes you suggest?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 08, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry for your issue. Are you using a control surface to edit with? If so, it's a known issue with Premiere Pro. Try disconnecting the control surface and remove it from Premiere Pro Preferences > Control Surface.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0