• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 Playback Delay after pressing the Play button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous version of Premiere when i Press Space it starts immediately playng.

In CC 2018 it starts after nearly 1 second with MERCURY ON and immediately if disabled.

Z620 32GB K4000 

CPU: DUAL 2640

iNSTALLED VARIOUS VERSION OF GRAPHIC CARD DRIVERS.

INSTALLED ON A FRESH INSTALLED WINDOWS AND AGAIN THE SAME THING.

IT DOES THIS WITH ANY FILE FORMAT OR SEQUENCE TEMPLATE.

PLEASE!

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This issue is now fixed on my system with the 12.0.1 update to Premiere. Thanks Trent Happel​ and team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I disconnected my airpods and it solved the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update it is better but still not as good as CC2017. Playhead it's still lagging here and there. Usable though but I am not satisfied yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was still persistent after the 12.0.1 update for me. I did manage to find a work around though. First off, I was using GoPro footage at 1080p 48 fps. I imported some footage from my Sony A7ii  (1080p 60 fps and 30 fps) and it played just fine. Obviously this was an issue with the GoPro .mp4 files. I converted them to .mov using the GoPro Suite, re-imported to PR CC and they played fine.

As a point or reference, I usually film with the GoPros at 30, 60, or 120 fps and never had an issue with playback before. I don't know if this is an issue playing back at 48 fps in the .mp4 format or if the updates don't like .mp4 GoPro files anymore. I'll perform more tests later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm having the same problems, 32gb ram, 3gb graphics, 8 core 4gb AMD, windows 10. Working from an SSD internal Hard Drive.

I updated to the latest 12.0.1 but still have problems, all drivers are up to date and i re installed windows. I took my machine to a computer repair shop to be checked and they said it was in perfect working condition.

Any help from Adobe would be greatly appreciated, I run a video production company and this is costing me so much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not resolved with 12.0.01.  This issue of a delay on START and STOP still persist, at least on the Mac platform 12.1.2 (Build 69).  Disabling Mercury Transit solves the issue and start and stop becomes lightning quick... although now you can't use your client monitor or mix.

This seems like it would be a pretty important fix to address. 

Please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, you saved me.  After reading the entire thread, this is the thing that fixed it for me.  Disabling the Mercury Transit.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues as well with start and stopping lagging, please Adobe release a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been fixed. Running the most recent update. Getting playback delay like crazy. Have tried everything on this thread. I wasn't having issues until last night, just kind of came out of nowhere. Super frustrating, hope Adobe fixes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem and it doesn't matter if Mercy Playback is enabled or disabled for GPU it still takes about a second to start playing and when I scrub the timeline it takes about 1 second before anything start to play then it works. This delay is adding literally hours to my daily workflow and causing me a huge amount of frustration. I really hope they can find a fix for this soon or I'll be forced to switch to Divinci Resolve which works fine with the same media files.

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

http://barnnerd.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately you are not the only one thinking to switch on Da Vinci Resolve. It is really a shame from Adobe to not even answer to this issue. We can all understand that they can face issues but we cannot admit not having even an answer from Adobe. Really disappointed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

When you say "came out of nowhere", can you be more specific? Did it start after an upgrade? I assume disabling Mercury Transmit didn't help (or didn't apply to) you?

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

After hours of updating drivers, unplugging everything and creating new projects, etc I narrowed my timeline lag problem down to audio plugins. If I add audio plugins by doing stuff under the "audio" workflow it instantly slows down my project to a screeching halt. I can literally do real time Lumitri color, crop, multiple keys, etc and no lag whatsoever but if I add a dlalog enhancer under the "audio" tab everything slows to a screech halt on playback stop and scrub. Can someone else in the thread please confirm if they remove all audio plugins by selecting everything and then right clicking and remove attributes then select everything audio, but leave everything video and see if it improves this.

Not sure why the audio processing plugins are halting playback so long and scrubbing (1-2 seconds easily) when it's far less intense then processing 4k video real time with a dozen plugins?1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, now I add back all the audio plugins and it works. I think there is some nested bug in Premiere where if you add audio effects but select clips in multiple different ways while applying them it fudges up the project. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue as well.  CC2018 and CC2019.  Using an AJA IO 4K Plus on an iMac Pro.

I've unplugged the AJA, no difference.  Deleting Premiere Pro plugin cache and preferences helped, but only for a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any audio effects on your clips? I was having the same issue. 15 - 20 second delay after pressing the "play button" before the video started. I narrowed it down to the multiband compressor audio effect I was using. As soon as I removed that from my clips, everything was back to normal. 

Here's a quick way to test it.

Select All Audio in Timeline > Right Click > Remove Attributes > deselect the ones you want to remove. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this issue for a long time and just found the problem:

we had some audio filters installed (izotope and some others). We deactivated them and everything works fine now!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update on the audio effects causing huge playback delays. I was working with a project that had a few audio effects applied. After reading the latest on this ongoing issue, I started deactivating these effects one by one and found the culprit: the DeNoise effect. Once I took that off my footage, the playback delay issue dissapeared.

Quick note for our friends at Adobe: there is something very wrong with these audio effects. In my case, it's the DeNoise effect, but I wouldn't be surprised if this applies to other effects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!  What a totally wasted day trying a million things to make playback work.  Upgraded, changed settings so many times, cleared caches, cleaned up disks, started a new project, upgraded firmware on my SSD, rebooted so many frickin' times.

This is the solution!  THANK YOU.  

v 14.3.1

Seriously makes me want to consider jumping to resolve.  Better than jumping out the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elvis,

As the OP, your issue is solved. For others posting here, you really need to create a new post with your own issues since multiple issues can cause the same problem: performance.

Therefore, I think it's time to lock this post as it is going on three years old and does not apply to the current version so much. 

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines