• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2020 Project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have recently been having the issue when opening a project file it says "Project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened"

When I go to the pre-saved folder to open a version older it works, then I continue to edit, and the next day when I open it to continue the project it says "Project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened". Again so I lose all that work I did.

I could use any help, and thank you in advance.

Joe

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will reach out to him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response still dealing with this issue.  I am not sure what is going on, but ever since the updates I have had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it seems to happen repeatedly it can be the hard drive you save it to that is on the verge to give up and die, or that the connection to the disc is bad and thus have the potential to corrupt the file when it writes to the disk. Where do you save it to today, internal drive, USB, Thunderbolt?

I would try to open the project from that pre-saved folder and the in Premiere Pro, go to File > Save As and save it on another physical hard drive than the one you are using today. When you do File > Save As, make sure to give the file a unique name that sticks out in some way so you are really opening that file later. (easier to remember)

When done, do some edits and save and close the project and shut down your computer the way you always do at the end of the day. Now, start the computer again and launch Premiere Pro and try to open the file you created when you did File > Save As.

Does it open or does Premiere Pro throw the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

A coworker and I are experiencing the same issue as described by JOE, I could save as and version that file, close it and open it back up and it works fine, but when I open it the next day, it gives me the error "Project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened" even the Auto-Saves. I always save as a new version several times during the day.  The last know Auto-Save file I'm able to open is one I created back on June 29.  Any file I save afterwards, will give me the error message the next day.  At first I though it could be a ONE DRIVE issues, but all of my files are stored locally in my MAC and backed up in OneDrive. Everything started after the update in June.  I've done everything possible what other forums and youtube say to do, nothing! This really sucks!

Specs:

iMac: 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

CC Premiere: 14.3.1 (Build 45)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a shot in the dark here, as I haven't seen this problem. But to eliminate workspace corruption, turn off Window/Workspaces/Import Workspace from Project.

Also, did you try a new project, saved in the same folder as the original, then File/IMPORT the old project into the new. You can try it a few different ways, like import the whole project or import a sequence at a time, maybe help identify where the issue is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since the update ! I have two computers, both connected to a external hard drive server. It's not the hard drive cause the issue only happen on one computer and not the other. I have updated both computer so it's really hard to explain, but it's really bad !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the hard drive cause the issue only happen on one computer and not the other.

On the computer that have issues, try this: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

If it still fails, un-install Premiere Pro and re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂

OK so i tried to «reset preferences» and it didn't work. 

More info here :

I used the production panel to work with multiple pp project. And every other project in the production panel opens easily but not the one i would really need LOL !

Do you know how to check if every directory file is going to the right path ? Or reset it maybe ?

In the meantime i will reinstall premier pro to try this option, but i'm not sur since every other project open but not the right one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the project itself may be corrupted in some way.

If you close all the other projects, can you open this project now. I guess not, so try to create a brand new project and then go to File > Import and open the project file as if it were an asset. Importing corrupted projects into a new project do solve the issue some times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started experiencing the same issue this past week or so. I back everything up daily to a second hard-drive and the project is also corrupt on the back-up. I've had to go to the auto-save files and re-save as the project title, but those also show as corrupt the follwoing day. Any help/ideas would be apprecitarted.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's half way there. You must have incremental copies for your daily backup. Via Windows I make a copy of the project and then rename it with a number. I keep the current backup in the folder with the project and I move the previous backup (which has a number) in to an Archive folder. So if you look in there, I have 30, 50, however many copies of the project if I work on it long enough. Thus if I ever find one with corruption, I can move on back down the line to find one without.

When you backup with just a copy of the file, you overwrite the non-corrupted file with the newly corrupted version. So, saving incremental backups is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines