Highlighted

Premiere constantly crashes when I use GPU acceleration (metal) Macbook Pro 16 inch

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was all good, until one day...

My Premiere Pro crashed about 5 minutes after I opened it. And it did it again and again. Then I switched from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal)-Recommended to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only in File-->Project Settings-->General-->Renderer. Then it solves the problem.

I'm using Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019. Pr is updated to the latest version (Version 14.3.1, Build 45) by Adobe creative Clould

The first week when I was running Pr on this computer, everything was fine, until it's not. I don't know why I can't select GPU Acceleration (Metal) anymore. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere constantly crashes when I use GPU acceleration (metal) Macbook Pro 16 inch

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was all good, until one day...

My Premiere Pro crashed about 5 minutes after I opened it. And it did it again and again. Then I switched from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal)-Recommended to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only in File-->Project Settings-->General-->Renderer. Then it solves the problem.

I'm using Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019. Pr is updated to the latest version (Version 14.3.1, Build 45) by Adobe creative Clould

The first week when I was running Pr on this computer, everything was fine, until it's not. I don't know why I can't select GPU Acceleration (Metal) anymore. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you trying with an old project or a fresh new one?

did you try to reset the preferences? delete media cache?

if opening a project created on a previous version, try to delete the render files.

Which MacOS are you on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0