• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crash on selecting H.264 as Codec, same in Media Encoder. all updated.

Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.

I reinstalled Quicktime and K-lite Codec. Haven't tried updating GPU Driver.

Windows 10 64x, Updated, Genuine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Hi Nathan,

It could be due to the configuration of your machine. Do you have an Intel CPU/GPU?  If so, at this time the only workaround we have is to disable the Intel Graphics Device. You can do that by right-clicking on the Intel HD Graphics entry (in Device Manager > Display adaptors) and choosing Disable Device.

Would that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K-lite as well as any other codec packs are well known for causing issues and should be avoided at any cost. Start with updating the GPU driver.

What exact versions on Premiere Pro and Media Encoder do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on my laptop, versions are 13.0.1 and latest 12.x. On my main pc with K-lite codecs there is no problem, but I am not able to confirm that because my whole house is being painted and the main workstations is not on.

Both 13x and 12x crash at selecting H.264 also both Media.e both crash too with this selection.

I updated my GPU and directX with erlier updating the latest klite and quicktime.

Any Help is great 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i got it right the workstation is ok while the laptop crashes? Does it crash if you select let´s say QuickTime as the Exporter in the Export Settings dialog or is it only the H.264 Exporter that crashes?

For now, since you have problems with the laptop i would start and check Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements especially the Monitor resolution. Yes, that´s a long shot but i have seen stranger things happened on laptops when the monitor resolution too low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it's a Asus N56VB 8GB ram, GT 740M GPU

I'm importing Panasonic GH5 4K/60 footage and it plays fine inside premiere and outside it.

The problem happens only while just selecting the type of H.264 as the exporter.

On both version the same happens, it crashes just by selecting the format to export with.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe I wasn't clear about it in my post but that's the only file type that does this, all the rest work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, what happens if you create a new project, create a new sequence and go to File > New > Bars and Tone and then place the Bars and Tone on the sequence and try to export to H.264. Does it still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll test it right away,

Yes, New Projetct, New Sequence, bars and tone > timeline > export in H.264 crashes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need help and will appreciate it.

Where should I turn Adobe to get further help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link gives you more options: Contact Customer Care

First you can try this as well, resetting the Preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

As i wrote in my first post K-lite codec pack is known for causing issues. Try to uninstall it and reboot the computer. Some say that even when uninstalling K-lite there are still traces from the codec pack left. Why did you install K-lite codec pack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

On my other machine I have K-lite and never had any problems with it as far as all adobe products are concerned.

I did uninstall K-Lite and the problem persists with the latest version of Premiere and Media Encoder and the previous release.

I installed V11.1.4 and got everything in working order, then I tried if the current version and the one before it got fixed to and NO, Still the same problem which tells me that there might be a good chance that the software itself has internal bug so it is not working because v11.1.4 works just fine. Then I reinstalled K-lite and everything is working great in v11.1.4 but not the later releases.

Let me state this again, I have never ever had any issue with K-lite, anywhere. Multiple systems and everything, never an issue. So i don't think blaming K-Lite for it is the right thing to do.

How can this be that v11.1.4, which is not THAT far off to the current version WORKS PERFECTLY?

I still need help,

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think your GPU is not powerful enough and you are running out of VRAM during the export process. My advice is to use smart rendering and pass off all GPU processing while rendering previews. Only render short periods of time or the same thing may happen.

Let us know if that works better. In the long run, however, you are going to need a more powerful GPU, etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Just selecting h.264 from the drop down menu when trying to export causes Premier Pro to crash. All other codecs working fine. Very annoying, basically can't export any videos. I'm using the latest version or Permiere Pro (v 13.2.1). GPU drivers are upto date. Windows 10 is up to date. Not sure how to fix this major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Very annoying and not what I am paying for. If there are issues like this that can be fixed, the software needs to tell me what is going on. I don't have 6 hours to troubleshoot things or reinstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

It could be due to the configuration of your machine. Do you have an Intel CPU/GPU?  If so, at this time the only workaround we have is to disable the Intel Graphics Device. You can do that by right-clicking on the Intel HD Graphics entry (in Device Manager > Display adaptors) and choosing Disable Device.

Would that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 4:37 PM Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem since the update, I can not export video any I am with my jobs stopped = (
I already came back to the previous version of the Nvidia driver !!! and continue with problems, until formatting the pc already did and did not solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem where whenever I tryed to export a video the app would freeze or the computer would shut down due to a kernel panic error. I tried literally everything that I found on the forums and nothing worked, the only thing that worked for me was starting the computer on safe mode and exporting it like that... took me three days to do this and cost me yeaaars of patience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kevin-Monahan,

I acted as per your suggesions and it worked for me. An additional step that I did is I opend adobe premiere pro, edit, preferences, media, then I unched the enabled hardware accelerated decoding.

Thanks,
Ilie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines