Highlighted

Premiere crashes at Adobe Stock Preset playback

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought an preset at Adobe Stock (Slide In Split Cut Out).
I can use it but when I play it back, Premiere crushes and I've to force quit and reopen it again.

It crashes everytime. And I'm not using a slow machine for editing.

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 09.01.40.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere crashes at Adobe Stock Preset playback

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought an preset at Adobe Stock (Slide In Split Cut Out).
I can use it but when I play it back, Premiere crushes and I've to force quit and reopen it again.

It crashes everytime. And I'm not using a slow machine for editing.

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 09.01.40.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you need to render first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be rendered. 

When I do so, Premiere freezes ... 

But anyway, I don't want to render it, I want to stay flexibel enough to be able to change it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to render as the bar is red.

What are your computer specs and disk setup.

Am I reading this correct: usb external that might be an issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know, but like I said, it can't be rendered.

I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM, 6 Core i7 and the AMD Radeon 5300M.

The problem is, and I don't get it why Adobe is doing this, that Premiere does not support the GPUs of the actual MacBook Pro series. 

It uses the Metal enginge to enhanche the on board Intel grafics chip, but not the Radeon.

The external hard drive is should not be the problem. I edited way more complex stuff from the disk without any issues. So either the preset is corrupted or it is the new release of Premiere.

I think the best solution would be to switch over to Final Cut Pro to get the full potential out of the engine I'm using. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your preview format for your sequence?  Maybe you can try a smart render with the preview format set to something like prores422.  If that allows you to render, then you can export "using previews."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try card gfx to check which GPU you are using, as well as you can switch between integrated and discrete:

https://gfx.io/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0