• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes every time I open a project for the second time

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently on certain projects, Premiere crashes whenever I try to reopen a project. I originally had a short project that was mostly edited that crashed while I was doing some basic color correcting. I reimported that sequence into a new project which allows me to continue working on the project while it's open. However, every time I close and then reopen the new project, it crashes again, I have to make a new project and import the old sequence into the new project. When importing into a new project it works just fine, however as soon as I close a project and try to reopen it, the project crashes again and the cycle starts again. See attached screenshot.

Originally this was only happening with one project, so I tried installing the latest premiere update from several weeks ago. Now I'm having the same problem with a second project as well, with completely different footage.

I've tried removing potentially problematic clips or effects from the projects, resetting preferences, rolling back to previous versions of Premiere, uninstalling and reinstalling the current version multiple times, I even used the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to wipe all trace of Adobe products from my system and still the same problem.

Luckily I can still edit projects by importing individual sequences into new projects, however every time I close and try to reopen this new project, it crashes within a few seconds. Even when I try to import the entire project into a new project, the new project crashes. Please help...

Specs:

Premiere Pro 15.4.0 Build 47
MacOS Big Sur 11.4

2019 iMac Retina 4k

3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 processor

32 GB ram

Radeon Pro 560X 4GB GPU

1 TB internal SSD with about 200 gb free space

Footage is on Samsung external SSD with about 800 GB of free space

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 9.27.52 AM.png

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached crash log from the latest crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob!

Thanks for the logs. We'll get it checked. Give us some time.

Let us know if you have questions.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any new updates or suggestions for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob! Thanks for your patience. I've shared the log with engineers. Could you try Premiere Pro Beta build and see if that helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem no longer happens when using the Premiere Beta. I haven't updated the release version of Premiere on my system yet but I'm hoping the problem will no longer happen in the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines