• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes if "Hardware-accelerated GPU sched." enabled

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gpusettings.pngPremiere freezes then crashes during importing *.exr files into the Project/Timeline, on Windows 10 ver. 2004, with "Settings -> Graphics settings -> Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" enabled in control panel (please see the attached file)

I tried latest versions of Adobe Premiere 2018 - 2019 - 2020, the result was the same. I've also tried;

-Completely removing GPU drivers&updating my GPU drivers to the latest stable (and to the Adobe-recommended 'studio' drivers)

-Disabling any other applications running background

-Updating Windows 10 to the latest patches

-Completely removing all Adobe softwares and manually deleting all the related folders/files in my system.

Nothing has fixed the situation. However, when I turn the "Hw-accelerated" setting off, Premiere doesn't crash anymore, it's most likely that Premiere *might* has a bug with the mentioned graphics setting. 

My hardware specs:

-Intel i9-7900X 3.30 Ghz CPU
-64 GB DDR4 Ram

-2xNvidia GeForce RTX 2080TI (Nvlink enabled)
-2xSSD drives

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've just uploaded the photo the way you asked us to do. Thank you for your help.

@R_Neil_Haugen, The cards are already linked with or without the mentioned option on or off. And as I said earlier, premiere pro works fine when that option is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can have issues with twin GPUs that are 'linked'. That might be it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you leave the system setting off and just let Premiere do the job, does this fix your troubles?

I've never seen nor set any GPU item in the Windows system things ever, btw. Never had any issue with Premiere using the GPU.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines