• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes when deleting an audio track

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere since 2006. This 2020 v.14 is the worst version I've ever encountered. I am seriously considering switching to other softwear because of constant crashes in 2020.
It crahes left and right with so many ways. Normarly it crashes 50 times per day.
I newly installed premiere, newly created a project in the new version of app.
It crashes even by deleting an audio track in the newly created project without any clips on the timeline.

Window 10, 64 bit
64G RAM
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue on Mac - been working on a high profile NYE project with multi-cam, footage ranging from iphone to Alexa, it has been a NIGHTMARE and I'm venting here, but I was too far in to consider switching, muscle memory saving after every edit, my backup folder exploding with copy of copy of copy of - I honestly would have had better luck with this project on imovie circa 2005. It has honestly set me back countless hours and is making me look slow and imcompetant with client. I troubleshooted everything from deleting cache, prefs, moving cache folders to empty external SSD, new workspaces, new projects, all of the run of the mill fixes/workarounds and I just went to delete a single audio track in a new sequence and I have another copy of copy of copy of to work with in my auto-save. I've been using premiere since 2016 after decades on Avid, profoundly disappointed and frustrated here.

iMac Pro 2017 - 10 core, 128gb ram

OS Catalina - current version of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known bug on  14.6 and 14.7. It is usually associated with systems using a control surface such as a gradding surface or a mixing surface. Either delete them from your system or regress to 14.5 or earlier. We are all disgusted with this bug and awaiting a fix. 

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines