Highlighted

Premiere crashes when handling Thai text.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where pasting in Thai text would immediately crash premiere. There is only one exception where it doesn't crash - If I change the font to a Thai font first AND type english characters in first BEFORE pasting in thai text. But if I then delete the english text, Premiere fails to render the entire screen with "A low level exception occured in : Text (AEVideoFilter:15)" among a ton of other warnings.

helloc38986482_0-1594448399226.png

helloc38986482_1-1594448452276.png

In the attached screenshot of the text, you can see that there's a fullstop before the thai text, if I delete that, Premiere doesn't render anything anymore.

Some key specs:

Premiere Pro Version: 14.3.0 (Build 38)

Windows 10

Intel 8600K

Nvidia RTX 2080S

32 GB DDR4 RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere crashes when handling Thai text.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where pasting in Thai text would immediately crash premiere. There is only one exception where it doesn't crash - If I change the font to a Thai font first AND type english characters in first BEFORE pasting in thai text. But if I then delete the english text, Premiere fails to render the entire screen with "A low level exception occured in : Text (AEVideoFilter:15)" among a ton of other warnings.

helloc38986482_0-1594448399226.png

helloc38986482_1-1594448452276.png

In the attached screenshot of the text, you can see that there's a fullstop before the thai text, if I delete that, Premiere doesn't render anything anymore.

Some key specs:

Premiere Pro Version: 14.3.0 (Build 38)

Windows 10

Intel 8600K

Nvidia RTX 2080S

32 GB DDR4 RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about this. We're aware of this issue where Premiere Pro is crashing with the South Asian fonts.

This issue is being addressed in our beta releases and will be available in a future stable release. If required, you may download Premiere Pro (Beta) version from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Here is more about the Public Beta apps.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0