Highlighted

Premiere Crashes When I Open The Program

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

For some reason, Premiere Pro 2020 crashes for me whenever I try to open it. After clicking on the shortcut on my Start Menu, the little loading window appears. After nearly a minute, a crash report window appears with no type of error code or anything. I have no idea why this is happening or what to do about it. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

*Edit - it saved a CRASH file on my desktop. I don't know if this is useful to see what is going on but I can share it if someone can look at it.

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Crashes When I Open The Program

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

For some reason, Premiere Pro 2020 crashes for me whenever I try to open it. After clicking on the shortcut on my Start Menu, the little loading window appears. After nearly a minute, a crash report window appears with no type of error code or anything. I have no idea why this is happening or what to do about it. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

*Edit - it saved a CRASH file on my desktop. I don't know if this is useful to see what is going on but I can share it if someone can look at it.

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared,

Attach the crash report to a post. I'll forward it.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I attach it? The post only lets me attach photos and links.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://gofile.io/d/qFqHLQ 

I was able to upload it to Gofile, does this work for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Alt key and launching the application. Reset your preferences:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines